Thread: FS: Reverend Reeves Gabrels w/Railhammer Vintage Pickup (Reeves 1.5)

Post Thanks / Like

Default FS: Reverend Reeves Gabrels w/Railhammer Vintage Pickup (Reeves 1.5)

Selling my Reverend Reeves Gabrels I Signature in Black Flame...When I bought the guitar used last year it had a defective bridge humbucker (grrr!), but Joe Naylor (Reverend Founder) had just come out with his line of Railhammer Pickups, so I thought it would be a great opportunity to try one out, especially since Reverend had just redesigned the Reeves II to have Railhammer Chisels in it. Put the Railhammer HV bridge in and I feel it really has to be one of the best humbuckers I've ever played - very clear, chimey highs and the bass strings are very articulate even when overdriven hard because of the rails on the HB. Since I never really got to hear it with the original Rev bridge HB in it, I can't say how it changed the sound, but this guitar Rawks now! The Railhammer also pairs very nicely with the Dimarzio Fast Track in the neck which has a single-coil character, but still very quiet and coupled with the out-of-phase pull switch on the tone pot (when you're in the middle pickup switch position - both pickups engaged), it gets a really cool tone, kinda like that Brian May/Queen sound. If you've never played a Reverend, they have the Bass Contour Control (BCC) which cuts the bass and that really opens up the tonal possibilities on this guitar!

The Reeves Sig is a 25.5 in. scale with a 1-23/32 maple neck that feels great, Locking Pin Tuners, Graphite nut, Rosewood fretboard and medium-jumbo frets that I have really come to love....don't know how I played anything else! Will ship with a Fender gigbag.

I'm asking $600 - paypal fees and shipping included to the lower 48 only. No returns
    Last edited by ronbo; April 19th, 2013 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Lower Price

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice deal! What a sad time to be cash poor.

Oh, and
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

OK, here's some pics, not gonna find one of these up very often

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 020.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	125.2 KB 
ID:	2326. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 021.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	202.7 KB 
ID:	2327

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 022.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	146.9 KB 
ID:	2328. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 025.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	2329

BTW, I'm the second owner and the original owner actually played it in a band, so a few small dings and the usual light swirls on the back, but pretty good shape...

C'mon Tig, don't you have a child or a vehicle you can sell?
    Last edited by ronbo; April 12th, 2013 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Added pictures

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Nice deal! What a sad time to be cash poor.

Oh, and
    double ditto about the cash,and no vehicles or kids.
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by player View Post
    double ditto about the cash,and no vehicles or kids.
    Well, you could sell an unused body part...you only really need 1 kidney! It's going to a good cause...'cause I need to buy a Hell Bender in sparkle red

Post Thanks / Like

Price Drop to $600 - C'mon, you know you want to buy this lovely Railhammer loaded beast. If you've never played a Reverend, your life will never be complete, so here's your chance.....

Post Thanks / Like

I've decided to hang on to this, think I'll put a trem on it and turn it into even more of a Rock Monster!