Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Zonkin' Yellow Screamer Owners - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zonkin' Yellow Screamer Owners

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monkus View Post
    ....my bandmate swears he hears the freedom of ladies' undies when the stomp happens.
    Yup, I built that into the ZYS on purpose!!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I have #3 original version. I think it's #3 I'll have to look. I settled on the JRC 40something chip or whatever....the one people used in the TS-808s. Still sounds great to my ears but I've banged up the finish a little. What kind of clear spray could I use to build back up the gouges?

Post Thanks / Like

Rustoleum Crystal Clear Enamel is what I use on pretty much all my pedals these days. Really don't remember what I used "way back when". And that IC would be a JRC4558D, the traditionally "favored" TS-808 op amp.

For anyone reading this thread and seeing the references between "original version" and "Mark II": Both pedals are based upon BYOC kits, but the original was built from the BYOC "Screamer", a straight Ibanez TS-808 clone. I added a 3-way switch for different signal clipping options and a 6-position rotary switch that gave you three different EQ settings at two different gain levels. It also had to go into a larger enclosure to accommodate the added hardware & circuitry.

Shortly after I started making the ZYS, that kit was discontinued and replaced with the BYOC Overdrive 2 kit, which also included a separate boost stage integrated into the same pedal and fit into a standard 125B size enclosure. The OD2 came set up with 3 different clipping options and 3 different EQ settings on two separate toggle switches. I made several changes to the stock OD circuit and installed a side-mounted toggle switch that allows the order of the boost and overdrive stages to be reversed, resulting in quite a bit more gain control flexibility. Here are pics of the two different verisons:

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12