Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The new Korg SP-280

Thread: The new Korg SP-280

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default The new Korg SP-280

While I've been GASing for the SV-1, this new little keyboard might be more practical than something over twice it's price.

The Korg SP-280 digital stage piano follows closely in the footsteps of the popular SP-250, providing you with excellent sounds, exceptional feel, and easy portability - all for a price that's too good to pass up. Loaded with over 30 top-notch sounds, you can call up anything from grand pianos and EPs to organs and strings on your SP-280, even layering sounds with ease. An impressive 2 x 22W stereo sound system makes playing at home or small gigs extremely simple, and at a touch under 42 lbs., you'll have no reservations whatsoever about gigging out with your Korg SP-280 digital piano.

• A great feeling and wonderful sounding digital stage piano you can take to any gig
    • Full 88-note Natural Weighted Hammer Action (NH) keybed provides heavier action in the lower register and lighter action in the high note for super-realistic acoustic piano feel
    • Loaded with 30 extremely realistic instrument sounds, including acoustic pianos, electric pianos, organs, clavs, harpsichord, strings, and more
    • Damper resonance, key release noise, and other details add to the realistic sound
    • Powerful 2 x 22W stereo sound system is perfect for use at home and for small gigs
    • Partner mode keyboard splitting and dual headphone jacks provide great resources for taking or giving piano lessons
    • Lightweight design (only 42 lbs.) is ideal for gigging

Specification Detail
    Number of Keys 88
    Number of Voices (Sounds) 30
    Polyphony 60 Notes
    Number of Effects 6
    Effects Types Reverb, Chorus
    Sequencer No Sequencer
    Song Playback 30 Preset Songs
    Number of Speakers 2
    Amplifier 22W x 2
    Number of Audio Inputs 0
    Audio Input Types No Audio Inputs
    Number of Audio Outputs 3
    Audio Output Types 1 x Headphone, 2 x TS
    MIDI I/O In, Out
    Number of Pedals 1
    Pedal Inputs 1 x Pedal Input
    Height 5.51"
    Width 50.98"
    Depth 14.96"
    Weight <42 lbs.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It might be the one I played last Friday at GC. If so, the feel is really nice and the piano sounds incredibly accurate.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    It might be the one I played last Friday at GC. If so, the feel is really nice and the piano sounds incredibly accurate.
    I went back and realized I played it's predecessor, the SP-250. It sounds great. The reviews on the 280 are positive.
    Birthday in 2 months... Hmmm.