Thread: Waco blast - Shiner & CB ok?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Waco blast - Shiner & CB ok?

Anyone heard from Shiner and CB? They are in Waco, right?

Hope they are okay.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Shiner replied to an e-mail I sent him about 20 minutes ago. He and CB and their property are fine. That said, he knows friends and colleagues who are taking today to assess whatever damage they may have had.....and that many are in shock right now.

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot that they are in Waco. Glad to hear that they are OK. It's relatively amazing that the death toll is as low as it is right now, although I'm sure that's bound to climb.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Just heard the same from CB via e-mail. The explosion occurred in West, Texas which is about 20 miles from Waco. The Shiners and theirs are fine but they have co-workers/colleagues/friends that lost family and property yesterday.

Scary time for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am so glad to hear that they are ok. What a mess. Prayers for all impacted.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, guys... Thanks... We're fine...

West, Texas is a tiny town of roughly 2,800(?) 20ish minutes north of here. It is a very tightly woven community of predominantly Czech settlers who are infamous for Westfest, (1st week of September, like Wurstfest for Germans) and kolaches. Everyone stops in West for Kolaches.

West is between Waco and Hillsboro... Mark and I attend dockets all around here. We know and work with families from West. They are about to announce the names of more than a half dozen first responders who have lost their lives. 60 houses have allegedly been leveled; lots and lots of people this morning were missing... There is a lot of confusion but tons of love. Everyone is reaching out to folks who in minutes, lost every single possession they have...

We pray for the families and work toward outfitting the community with supplies for daily life...

Thanks for concern. If you can contribute to these families, that would be really, really cool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Losing firefighters hurts extra deep for me. As bad as this was, I'm glad it wasn't any worse. A small town that is so tightly woven shows just how great people can be when enduring such an unimaginable disaster such as this. The local response to help in any way was immediate and selfless. I'd be proud to have these people as neighbors.

If you know of any specific fund raising efforts there, please let us know.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, sir, and Thank You. I'll be back in a sec, I know I saw something with a listing...

K

Post Thanks / Like

Tig, Willie Nelson, who was born and raised there, is doing a benefit at Bee Caves later this month. There are a dozen local communities that have drop cites when I google; probably the easiest for out of staters would be the Waco branch of the American Red Cross? Everyone is clamoring for blood drives here, to help the wounded. Right next door to the explosion was a nursing home w 135 inmates. Anyone who knows about me and my relationship w Gram knows that kicks me where I live, too...

Post Thanks / Like

Whoops, sorry. Willie is from Abbott, 6 miles from West.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad ya'll are ok and heartfelt condolences for those effected!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear you guys are okay!

So much uncertainty in the world these days.... bombs, explosions, disasters, etc.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I concur. Our thoughts go out to all families affected by all tragedies/recent events.