Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
NGD - 07/08 MIM Telecaster

Thread: NGD - 07/08 MIM Telecaster

Post Thanks / Like

Default NGD - 07/08 MIM Telecaster

Traded my Line6 Spider III 150 w/shortboard for this beauty. 2007/2008, according to the serial number, SD in the neck and DiMarzio Rails (corrected by the Rt Rev Rawk) in the bridge. Just got home with her and put her thru the TA-15. Sweet, plays nicely. A little hum on the neck and middle positions though and the pots are a bit scratchy. Any thoughts on how to fix those are welcome.

I wasn't using the Line6 at all, been furniture for about 5 years, put the trade to the guy and he loved the idea. First Tele I've ever played or owned so if someone can point me to any relevant posts here, it would be much appreciated. Time to get the twang on ....

Crappy mandatory first pic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sweet! Congrats! Don't worry about a little hum on the neck (and middle, which is really the neck still humming a little). It is all part of the single coil thang.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool! I approve of this trade.
    HNGD!

Post Thanks / Like

I approve that Tig approves this trade!! HNGD BROTHER!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I approve that Muddy and Tig approve this trade! HNGD! Beautiful guitar, Monkus. Congratulations!

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet score, great trade especially since the Line 6 was just a dust collector anyway. You might want to spray some DeOxit on the pots, see if that reduces the scratchiness. As to the hum, don't know how handy you are, but you could see if the cavity is properly shielded and if not, see about taking care of that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monkus View Post
    Traded my Line6 Spider III 150 w/shortboard for this beauty. 2007/2008, according to the serial number, SD in the neck and DiMarzio P-Rails in the bridge.
    Nice score!

Just to be pedantic, P-Rails is a humbucker-sized Duncan pickup. That is, however, one of the DiMarzio rails pickups. They've got five different kinds that all look the same. I've heard a lot of people speak highly of the Chopper T which is one of those.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

That is, however, one of the DiMarzio rails pickups. P-Rails is a humbucker-sized Duncan pickup.
    Got called on my telenewbness ... thanks though, and post corrected..

but you could see if the cavity is properly shielded
    Taking it by a tech friend today, see what he thinks, intonation is off by a bit as well..

They've got five different kinds that all look the same.
    I'll call the guy today to see which DiMarzio pup it is.

Thanks for the comments guys. Incidentally, I was working on a church album where the producers were gospel musicians from the US. After seeing the Gibbys, Carvins, Fenders and PRS's, they specifically asked for a Tele, which we didn't have. I now realise, that scenario fuelled this trade.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monkus View Post
    Got called on my telenewbness ... thanks though, and post corrected..
    Nah, I've just spent more time looking into pickups than any sane person ever should
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well, the vote is unanimous. Monkus stays on the island.

Um, I forgot... he's already on a real island!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats. Approves of prior approvals. For scratchy pots, try "magic spray," or potentiometer/TV tuner cleaner spray, you can find it at Radio Shack and electronics places. Just spray into pot/onto shaft, twist the control around a bit, and that usually does the trick.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice Monkus! I always heartily endorse the acquisition of Telecasters. Play it in good health!