Thread: Pinnick Gales Pridgen - Collateral Damage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pinnick Gales Pridgen - Collateral Damage

New album coming from these guys. This tune is pretty straight ahead rock. Don't forget the dUg is now in his 60s...and still kicking butt. I just love it when all these great players get together and make a record.

I'd never paid attention to this drummer before but he's got some chops.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's a pretty good album. I was a fan of King's X from way back and I like this sound better.

Post Thanks / Like

As far as I'm concerned, dUg and Eric can do no wrong. I've liked everything, to some degree, that dUg has been on. I also LOVE everything Eric has done.

I also donated so that dUg can get a hernia operation. The whole problem with King's X, as great as they are, they've never made any money. That's why I wanted to pitch in.

https://www.giveforward.com/fundrais...nation_receipt

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, dUg and Eric can do no wrong. I've liked everything, to some degree, that dUg has been on. I also LOVE everything Eric has done.

I also donated so that dUg can get a hernia operation. The whole problem with King's X, as great as they are, they've never made any money. That's why I wanted to pitch in.

https://www.giveforward.com/fundrais...nation_receipt
    That's cool!

Post Thanks / Like

He did the vocals on the version of Dokken's "Tooth and Nail" on the T&N album. It was a cool take on that song because his voice could not be any less like Don's.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Just got an update on dUg's fund drive for hernia surgery:

Update:
    message from dUg
    "I am overwhelmed with the amount of love that people have shown by contributing to help me afford my hernia surgery. I have avoided this for way too long and I know that after my shows are lined up, I have to fix this immediately.

I wish I could say that all the wonderful years of playing in King's X were financially rewarded, but it's not the reality. I'm not complaining. I am thankful that I get to make music for people who want to hear it. We will never stop working hard though, and will continue making music in good times and bad. It's a tough business, but it's what we were born to do and our fans have stood by us through it all. Without them we would not be here making music or doing shows. This I am thankful for everyday and it's because of our family, friends and fans that we were able to do it for this long.

I can't thank you all enough for helping me when I needed it the most. Thanks to the people who have never heard of me or King's X and donated out of love. I hope I can repay you all someday with a huge hug and continue to make music that makes you think and groove...."

Let's Give Back to dUg!
    $20,211 raised of $25,000

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow, we're almost there. It jumped from $20,211 to $20,991 in the last 30 minutes!

Post Thanks / Like

That's cool. Thanks for the heads up, Spud. I'll be donating when I get home tonight.

I got obsessed with King's X maybe about 10 years ago and eat up pretty much anything involving Ty Tabor now, and Doug's not far behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

New video up

Post Thanks / Like

dUg's got over $25,000 with the fund drive so now he is scheduling the surgery. I wonder if he got eh hernia from lifting bass cabinets. They do get pretty heavy.

That's the same video I posted. Do they have another one out?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm listening to the album right now on Google Play. I signed up for a free month of their "All Access" music service. I didn't realize that dUg was 62. Makes me feel old. Hope I'm still rawking 17 years from now!
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Ya, 62 and still kicking a$$. There are a few others still doing it too: Glenn Hughes, David Coverdale, Ian Paice. Paul McCartney, Ringo, and a bunch of others. It must be the healthy lifestyle.

Post Thanks / Like

Man - is it just me? I can't get youtube videos to get further than about 4 seconds in before they freeze up!

Post Thanks / Like

Google must've been having some issues yesterday. My son was complaining about the same thing, even though our connection was otherwise fine.