Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Hello again!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello again!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello again!

Hi folks!

I've been away from The Fret for a while, but I think it's time to start hanging out here again, if y'all don't mind.

The most impactful change I've made musically in the time I've been away from this forum is that I've joined a band. At the moment we're doing all covers, but I hope that in time, I can convince them to help me finish some things I've had bouncing around in my head for a long time now. I play rhythm guitar for the most part, but I just started playing bass on five of the songs in our list. It's been fun, and a good experience for me.

I've added a few guitars, sold some, and have become a real Tele fan. Here's my latest aquisition:

A Fender Esquire GT Custom. Plays like a dream, and sounds mean, although when you roll the volume back it does clean up nicely.

So what have I missed? What have my old friends here been up to?
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Who are you again?

Good to hear from you! Besides upgrading my Squier 51, I've been pretty quiet on the guitar front.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    Who are you again?

Good to hear from you! Besides upgrading my Squier 51, I've been pretty quiet on the guitar front.
    Hey Matt! What did you do to your 51? I still lust after those sometimes.
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello, stranger. Sorry, we ate all of your birthday cake.
    I love the red Esquire GT! Sounds like you've been busy.

I guess the only new gear for me since you were here last is a Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale and an Acoustic B20 1x12 bass practice amp + a Zoom B3 bass multi effect.
    Oh, our old greyhound died but we now have 2 new kittehs and we adopted a puppy mill poodle rescue this weekend.
    I love 'em all!

Sophie and Sasha:

Marley May the rescued dog...
    Before we cut her knotted up hair:

After:
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter View Post
    Hey Matt! What did you do to your 51? I still lust after those sometimes.
    Here's the original thread: http://www.thefret.net/showthread.ph...ing-content%29
    Here's the clips from the upgraded pickups: http://www.thefret.net/showthread.ph...Now-with-Clips!
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post

Hello, stranger. Sorry, we ate all of your birthday cake.
    I love the red Esquire GT! Sounds like you've been busy.

I guess the only new gear for me since you were here last is a Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale and an Acoustic B20 1x12 bass practice amp + a Zoom B3 bass multi effect.
    Oh, our old greyhound died but we now have 2 new kittehs and we adopted a puppy mill poodle rescue this weekend.
    I love 'em all!

Sophie and Sasha:

Marley May the rescued dog...
    Before we cut her knotted up hair:

After:
    Hey Doug!

Sorry to hear about your dog, but glad to hear that you have some new critters! Good on ya for taking in a rescue (we have three rescues at home, and we love them all).

Our bass player/temp vocalist has a Squier Jag bass in red, with the humbucker. Full scale. I really like it a lot, it's fun to play and has some good tones. I actually talked to Eric about the B20, since I now need a bass practice amp. I may go with the B100, though.

Glad to see that there are still a lot of familiar faces here!
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back FF........thought maybe you got swept away in the Pacific NW rains........

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Sean-

It's still pretty slow around here, but you're obviously a welcome addition to any conversation that might occur.

If you're looking for a bass amp for home use, I think the B20 would be good. For playing with even a moderately loud drummer, you're going to need something louder. Unfortunately, I don't think they make the B100 anymore, but the B200 would be acceptable. There's one kind of in your area:

http://portland.craigslist.org/nco/msg/3796811287.html

People try to sell those for $275 all of the time, so that's not a bad deal if everything is still in good shape. There's also a Peavey that might work for you:

http://corvallis.craigslist.org/msg/3775237195.html

That would probably cover you if you could talk him down a bit for both the head and cab.

Otherwise, people have very nice things to say about these:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ampli...bass-combo-amp

Actually, there's one right in your neck of the woods:

http://salem.craigslist.org/msg/3777256762.html

I'd be all over that if I was you. That's a good deal on a nice bass combo amph.

At any rate, welcome back and welcome to the world of bassing. It's fun and it's what I do 90% of the time these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello again!

Hey Sean! We missed ya!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome back, guys.

Eric, I've actually heard that TCE combo at the GC that the guy bought it from. My brother and I were there when he was down, and he played a Jazz bass through it (at least that's the way I remember it). Not bad.

I don't have the funds to be shopping for new amphs or basses at the moment, as we've had an unexpected car repair come up. Add to that two birthdays next month, and I can pretty much forget about any new goodies for me. Not complaining, mind you, just stating facts.

Here is the bass I think I want:

It's a Sterling (by Music Man) SUB RAY4 in mint green. Mmmmmmminty.....
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Where ya been!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Here is the bass I think I want:

It's a Sterling (by Music Man) SUB RAY4 in mint green. Mmmmmmminty.....
    Awesome!
    If I were to get a second bass, that would be on my short list.

Post Thanks / Like

That bass is awesome! That tele looks great, too.

Welcome back FrankenFretter!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have the funds to be shopping for new amphs or basses at the moment, as we've had an unexpected car repair come up. Add to that two birthdays next month, and I can pretty much forget about any new goodies for me. Not complaining, mind you, just stating facts.
    Ditto to that one!! Welcome back FrankenFretter*** !!!! Love to see some clips from the new band and the GT!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat View Post
    Where ya been!!
    I just wanted to prove that you're not the only one who can disappear and come back!

Good to see you here again, Muddy!

So who's still left here?
    SVL?
    Sumi?
    BCDon?
    Duffy?
    I know there are a bunch that are missing from that list. Brain is old and forgetful...
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Sean, keep us posted about upcoming gigs; it would be great to see you perform.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bookkeeper's Son View Post
    Sean, keep us posted about upcoming gigs; it would be great to see you perform.
    Okay Ron, but we kind of suck. If you go there expecting a sucky band, you won't be disappointed. Please promise me you'll heckle us!
    I think we're going to do an open mic at The Nightlight in Salem, but not for a little while yet.
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I just wanted to prove that you're not the only one who can disappear and come back!

Good to see you here again, Muddy!

So who's still left here?
    SVL?
    Sumi?
    BCDon?
    Duffy?
    I know there are a bunch that are missing from that list. Brain is old and forgetful...
    We haven't seen Dee in a while...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    We haven't seen Dee in a while...
    He's hanging out on the Agile forum.
    -Sean

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast