Thread: Thanks, Robert

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks, Robert

I got an email from you wishing me happy bithday. May have been automated, but it made me feel good. As it was, it turned out to be an awesome birthday. I was given some gear as a present from the GC, and I returned it, got a Les Paul. Didnt bond to it for some reason. It seemed cramped and heavy, *** heavy, that is. I saw an American Deluxe Tele at the GC way on the other side of town on Sat, hauled *** over there on Sunday and made the exchange. Oh, man, when its right, you will know it. I'm so happy with the purchase. it was a return, used guitar, but as close to perfect as could be. Butterscotch/blk pickguard, locking tuners, SI switch. Case candy was still in the case, unopened.. I got a great deal. Locking tuners are a necessity, I believe.
    I'm just a Fender guy, I guess. I wont be lusting after other guitars anymore. The Band/Robbie Robertson started me down the single coil path, then I got distracted by other types of music. I had to go back and re-examine that type of music. This is my 2nd Fender Deluxe guitar, the other being my Strat. The Tele was finished with a higher level of refinement, in my view, though I love that Strat.
    I turned 64 today, I'm tired of working. I'm in construction and lucky to still have all my fingers. I want out. just want to play.
    I will post pics when I take some, and if I learn how to post pics.

Thanks, man.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to you Taurus sounds like a nice Tele you found yourself.
    And good locking tuners I think are a good thing, I agree.
    It's a real bugger when you have to work at 64..... I did not plan for the future, spent all my money on toys so I will be working till I kick off the planet myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    I wont be lusting after other guitars anymore.
    lol Yeah, I've heard that more than a few times. Anyways, congrats on your Tele. Sounds sweet. I'm 56 and I think often of retirement. lol Of course, I have it much easier physically than you do.......I sit on my butt staring at a computer screen all day reading medical records.

Post Thanks / Like

Guess I have to be the one...

Pics or it didn't happen.

I'm kidding. I believe you and congratulations on your new Tele. I'd still love to see photos though just because I love Teles.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear! Congratulations on an awesome guitar!

Hope to see photos and hear some sound clips!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Pics !!
    Very fond of butterscotch teles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat View Post
    Pics !!
    Very fond of butterscotch teles!
    ^This!