Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
It's been a while + New Gear Day...

Thread: It's been a while + New Gear Day...

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's been a while + New Gear Day...

Hey all Been quite a while since I've posted here, glad to see The Fret is still up and running.
    Wanted to get back to into posting here and thought it might be fun to show off some of the new gear I've acquired over the last year and a half or so.
    I've been through a few amphs and guitars but here's where my rig is sitting now:

#1, my main guitar. BC Rich Jr. V seven string, tuned to drop A. When my band decided we wanted to go 7 string I was determined to get another V to replace my Jackson RR3 and this is what I came up with. It's a beautiful guitar; Neck through, bound ebony board, quilt maple top, original Floyd Rose bridge. A metalhead's wet dream in short. The only thing that was a little lack-lustre was the stock pickups, although to be fair they were quite a bit better than my previous experience with entry level BCR pickups had led me to expect. Anyways, I replaced them with Seymour Duncan EMTY Blackouts (The Mick Thompson signature ones) and now it destroys

Next Cab off the rank is something I picked up last week off gumtree. I'm a huge Randy Rhoads fan so I've been looking for something like this in my price range for a long time. It's a beautiful little guitar, neck feels just like the real thing and it plays wonderfully, looks classy with the aged white finish too. Sounds really good, very vintage though. I've been having a lot of fun playing around with some cleans and low to moderate gain tones and it's working great, however the pickups are a little too dark and spongy for ultimate chugga-chuggas, so I'll probably end up switching these out for something else eventually.

And finally here's what I'm running everything through; a Blackstar ID100 head into a Marshall 1960A Cab. It's the first digital modeler I've owned and the first one I've really used extensively too and I've been blown away by it.
    I actually picked it up because I needed to replace my Marshall Mode 4 that blew up a while back and I was strapped for cash so I just kinda grabbed it thinking it would keep me going till something better came along but after gigging with it for 6 months or so I really don't see the need to upgrade. It's got 6 preamp voicings that go from shimmery clean all the way up to a massive modded hi-gain sound, on board digital FX (which are actually lush, high quality sounding effects, not just gimmicky stuff) and a thing called TVP which supposedly alters the output section of the amp to emulate different types of output valves. I don't have anything like the necessary experience with valves to say how accurate the simulations are but they all sound great regardless. Came with a footswitch and supports 128 different user programmable patches. Loud as all get out too. Not bad for $600.

And that's about it really, I'm looking forward to talking to all you guys again, take it easy and have a great new year. Keep it metal \m/ \m/

Post Thanks / Like

sweet!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love a pointy! Nice collection there, Waylanderau!
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

cool indeed!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

\m/

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome back and HNgearD!
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

That's some great gear. dig the compound angle of the V near the points, nice touch! Throw some boutique p'ups in the Tokai, though, and you may have to remind yourself that BCR is even in the house. That is a gorgeous guitar as well! well done!
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan