Thread: Just dropped in Again

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just dropped in Again

I have been on a long hiatus from message boards. I decided to drop by and see how things were going here. Funny I see Frankenfretter is back again as well.
    Nothing much new, I have sold a few and bought a few, but I decided to thin the herd. I have kept in touch with Duffy on a daily basis by email so I have not lost touch completely.
    I will hang out again and see how things are going. I have been on the Agile forum for a bit after buying an Agile Les Paul 3125. A chambered LP, and a very very nice guitar.
    So hello again from Canada.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Zman! Did we ever see pics of that Les Paul? I know I'd like to.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I did a whole thread on it back in 2011.
    http://www.thefret.net/showthread.ph...n-Agile!/page2
    I started up with the Agile forum shortly after that. I think Duffy has the exact guitar as well.
    It seems like Kurt at Rondo has lost his drive for the guitars. He has purchased a warehouse and is in the warehouse business. The guitars he is stocking now might be more to your liking. He rarely gets any of the 3125 chambered models in now.

Post Thanks / Like

zman in the house!

Post Thanks / Like

I see you are back as well. When I left you were MIA as well for a while?

Post Thanks / Like

Well im not dead yet damn it all!!!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just dropped in Again

Welcome zman! Good
    To see you back!
    I've got 3 Hell guitars now - not sure if we talked about them when you were here.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, ZMAN. I have sold off every electric except for an Agile, so that's nice to hear that you still like yours (at least I think that's what you were intimating). Nice to see you back in the fold, even if you're just checking in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I remember two that you had received. I am down to 20 with one left handed guitar I traded for. It will go to my Grandson when he is older. I got a G400 with Gibson pickups installed in mint condition for the same guitar in a righty with the stock pickups. That is a long story.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I was actually playing it today. I still think it is an amazing guitar. I always say that, and I don't put" for the money" on the end, because it just is a great guitar. I will be around and about now occasionally. I had a lot of issues with my Fathers health, and mine, so I have been busy. Now things are back to normal and I can get on with my life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome back to "normal", whatever that may be.
    I've struck a good balance of gear, so while there's always GAS, I'm happy with what I'm using and don't see any big purchases for a time, except a keyboard.

In case you get bored, I highlighted a few news items over in FrankenFretter's thread:
    http://www.thefret.net/showthread.ph...184#post234184
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Welcome back to "normal", whatever that may be.
    I've struck a good balance of gear, so while there's always GAS, I'm happy with what I'm using and don't see any big purchases for a time, except a keyboard.

In case you get bored, I highlighted a few news items over in FrankenFretter's thread:
    http://www.thefret.net/showthread.ph...184#post234184
    Normal: Having my life back. My Dad was 86 and he was in poor mental shape. He was living by himself, and would not go to a retirement home. It was one tough time. We finally found he had brain cancer and he went peacefully. I was having issues with my sight, and that has been cleared up with 3 surgeries.
    I had come to the decision to downsize, when I was clearing out my Dad's place. He had so much stuff that had to be donated or found a good home for. I really have some great gear and it is all righty. My oldest Grandson is a definite lefty, and one or both of my other ones are going to be lefties as well. I ran across an ad where a guy wanted to trade a lefty G400 Epiphone for a Righty. I called and we made the swap. The one I got has Gibson BBs in it, and the one he got had the stock Epis. I saw the bill of sale and he paid 800 with the pickups installed. I am sure my Grandson will love it when he is old enough.
    I sold a couple of amps and guitars and I am slowly winding it down. I will keep only my best.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Zman, good to see you back here as well. It's almost like the old gang getting back together again!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.