Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Brand New DVM-made ZYS Mark II to benefit Moore OK tornado relief

Thread: Brand New DVM-made ZYS Mark II to benefit Moore OK tornado relief

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brand New DVM-made ZYS Mark II to benefit Moore OK tornado relief

Several of you own one, and a lot more of you have heard about the Zonkin' Yellow Screamer Mark II, aka the ZYS. You may also be aware that I don't build them anymore, though I do have an arrangement with another guy who does. Simply put, this is the best damn modified Tube Screamer overdrive that you will ever hear--great boosted/overdriven tone and incredible flexibility. Maybe a couple of the Fret.net ZYS owners will stop by and corroborate my claim.

Anyway, given the tornado disaster in Moore, Oklahoma a couple of weeks ago, I came up with the bright idea of building a ZYS and offering it for sale here, auction style. I just want to get $50 out of it to cover my materials cost (I'm donating the labor). My business associate currently offers this pedal, fully painted & decaled, for $200, and he's selling a LOT of them. So let's start the bidding at $150, so that at least $100 goes to those unfortunate folks in Moore. But I'm hoping we can do better than that, so lets see some "competitive generosity" here, people! Post your bids right here in the thread. You can't lose--it's for a good cause and you get a great pedal!

BTW, the pedal is already built & painted, so it just needs to be decaled and get the final clearcoating. For those of you unfamiliar with the ZYS, here are a few tidbits for you:

ZYS page on my website, with photos: http://www.duhvoodooman.com/miscimag...l/zys_mkII.htm

Techie details galore: http://www.duhvoodooman.com/musical/...0Mark%20II.pdf

RR his own bad self giving the ZYS a workout, first with his Suhr Classic, and then with a Michael Kelly Patriot Shadow:

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't you find a better looking and better playing demo guy? Gee, that guy plain sux!
    Plus, his hair is too thin.

Seriously though, this a great initiative - bid high, enjoy a great pedal and know you will be making a difference for people in need.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Couldn't you find a better looking and better playing demo guy? Gee, that guy plain sux!
    Maybe so, but check out his world-class veins!

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow, what a great gesture! It is a wonderful pedal and well worth it, plus the lucky winner gets a really nice and useful pedal. I use mine ALL the time! So much versatility. That's great of you DVM!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool pedal for an even better cause. I know I really like my OD2 (Aka JV ZYS).
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I own one... Great pedal, great cause. There's no way you could go wrong with this one.

Post Thanks / Like

* BUMP *

C'mon guys, it's for a great cause....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

* BUMP #2 *

You guys are really disappointing me here.....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Brand New DVM-made ZYS Mark II to benefit Moore OK tornado relief

This is a really great custom pedal that is super useful. And a great cause. Some one wants this. Lets start bidding!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I do want it, as may others. Let's find out!

Opening at $160, here.
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

All right! here we go! That is still $40 below current selling price!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poodlesrule View Post
    I do want it, as may others. Let's find out!

Opening at $160, here.
    Outstanding! Thanks, Poodles! OK, who's going to try to deprive this man of this killer dirt box with a higher bid??

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

C'mon, isn't somebody gonna stop the Poodleman from stealing this pedal for $160?? Anyone? Bueller? Or to quote a different movie....is there noone else??

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bump for a great cause and a great pedal! Those folks still need help over there, and this is a great way to give it to them, and reward yourself along the way.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be closing this auction down at midnight on Monday June 17, so only a bit more than 2 days left to grab this bad boy....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Friendly Bump for the folks who missed it

Post Thanks / Like

Sold to the Poodlemeister for $160!! Thanks!!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congrats PR! That is a great pedal you have coming!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

The ZYS has landed...!

(after a small detour, as I mistakenly swapped two numbers on my zip code, but USPS eventually caught on).

It *does" scream!
    I have nice neighbors - so far.

Thanks to DVM for the nice touch on the inside cover.