Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Happy Father's Day Fretters!

Thread: Happy Father's Day Fretters!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Happy Father's Day Fretters!

Happy Father's Day to all you fretters! I hope you get to enjoy the day with family, or at least connect to those important to you.

Me, I got to sleep in, and I plan to play a little, go on a hike, plan a little on my tele mods, and have dinner with family. Have a good one all!

Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Father's Day to you, Steve!
    And happy Father's Day to the rest of you fathers as well!
    I came home sick today with stomach issues.
    My family gave me a sweet card, a hand-penciled picture from the kid, and a framed picture of some of my guitars. Pretty cool!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My day was lazy unlike Steve's, yet without stomach issues (hope you feel better soon, Sean).
    I enjoyed playing some jazz on the new father's day keyboard, a nap, and a delicious baked catfish meal Mrs. T made.

And to everyone who's Dad isn't around anymore, remember them and be thankful for the times you had. Each day is a gift, and all of our Dad's made that possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Dad's Day to all.

We went mountain biking at the local bike park and then came home for a dinner of BBQ salmon. Copper River sockeye. The best salmon invented by God.

I got a Russell Wilson jersey. Pretty dang cool in my book.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sounds great guys! I particularly like the sound of NWB's day! Perfect!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    Sounds great guys! I particularly like the sound of NWB's day! Perfect!
    If I can keep my return to fitness on track, I hope to be riding MTB by October.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Your day sounded great too. But good news that you might be getting back on the bike. I am still off my bike for while yet also.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    Your day sounded great too. But good news that you might be getting back on the bike. I am still off my bike for while yet also.
    First things first... Heal thy back! Even a few weeks too soon could put you in a bad situation.

I've been riding on the road Saturdays, but less than one hour so far and under 20 MPH. My heart rate jumps up and takes time to recover even when leaving from a stop sign. It will take some time to build up the cardio at a healthy rate. I say October for MTB because our steep roller coaster climbs can spike the HR and leave an unfit rider breathless, so a base level is needed first.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Extending the Father's Day festivities...

My wife sent me this today.

Nothing is anything until it is written. After that, it's everything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

HaHa! Congrats on the nice "note" from your wife!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davewrites View Post
    Extending the Father's Day festivities...

My wife sent me this today.
    Heh. In my case, it's when my kids request metal.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn