Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

David Gilmour Strat Tribute - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: David Gilmour Strat Tribute

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice project idea and plans.

Good luck with everything turning out right.

Post Thanks / Like

When I told Anya (the talented custom strap designer and maker) about the concept of this guitar, and how it will be very showy (including the black paint with silver metallic flake), she was not going to let the axe be the center of attention. The following is her design (currently a mock up): leather, hand painted and with the beams of light done in Swarovski crystals. Photos to be posted when available and as the work completes.

Post Thanks / Like

Holy shit, bro. This is a setup that would have made Liberace envious.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL. It takes a woman's touch to take the design to that level. I'm into pushing the limits on decoration, etc. (if you recall the JEM custom I had built), which makes me anxious to see the finished product.

Post Thanks / Like

I received some photos from Anya, who is busy plugging away at the custom strap:

Post Thanks / Like

I should be getting a pickguard with electronics photo soon. In the meantime, Anya has been working diligently on the strap; with construction and hand painting finished, crystals are next!

Post Thanks / Like

OK, the base coat for the guitar is curing (which is why I'm slow on getting photos for that end of the project), but Anya has finished the strap... all hand done... with Swarovski crystals making up the beams of light between the prisms. Gorgeous!

Post Thanks / Like

A closer look:

Post Thanks / Like

I should include Anya's information, since she does incredible work and others may be interested:
    Web site anya-k.com
    Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/anyakdesigns
    Twitter twitter.com/Anyaleatherwork

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default David Gilmour Strat Tribute

That is incredible!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

sweet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful Project Sir the Strap is already a masterpiece
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

As for the back, the trem cover will have The Wall concept:

And where each 'screw' is on the trem cover will be a time piece or gears (hands will be added to each time piece, but this gives you an idea):

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Clever!

Post Thanks / Like

The headstock will have a small pig's head with crystal eyes. As well, will
    be this one-inch lunar-tic moon face:

Post Thanks / Like

The wiring is done on the pickguard (pickup covers to be added later). The tip switch and jack plate will be in black, to blend with the guitar body. Electronics are pretty heavy duty stuff as well as the CTS pots and the .022uf Sprague Orange Drop Cap. Cloth covered wire is also used to keep with the vintage materials.

Post Thanks / Like

I decided to incorporate the moon somewhere on the body (perhaps just behind the bridge or directly on the pickguard in 'space'). For the headstock, I'm adding this medallion at the end of the rounded part of the headstock. I have Swarovski crystals for the eyes.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the trem cover mockup... you will have to imagine the brick wall trem cover pictured above (as opposed to the brown cardboard below)... and where each screw is placed (six in total) will be a clock (Time) or gears ('welcome to the machine!'):

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea and the execution of the back plate but it is not practical. You will lose pieces scuffing against your clothing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast