Thread: Canadian floods - any Fretters affected?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Canadian floods - any Fretters affected?

I just read web news headlines about it.
    Quite dramatic.

Anybody we know affected?

I am not sure if our esteemed leader is near this region - major blind spot on Canada geography, which is odd, for me (goofing off during middle school paid off: teacher had me draw five color copies of the map of the world...been a geography enthusiast since!).
    Less golf, more saxophone

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Not directly, but we were going to head down towards this area today, to run a relay with 10 people. Ain't gonna happen. Race has been canceled of course.

Here's High River, video shot from a combine, leaving the Co-op.

This is crazy.

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Heard that the water is up to the tenth row at the Saddledome.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

The whole Calgary downtown area evacuated -> http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/calgary...core-1.1335330

The City of Calgary has ordered an evacuation its entire downtown core -- an area where approximately 230,000 people work on a typical Friday.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Canadian floods - any Fretters affected?

My brother lives in Calgary, on the edge of town and far from the chaos, but his job is underwater and without power. I'm thinking he's laid-off indefinitely.

His girlfriend's house is at edge if disaster with the flood making its way halfway up her street. If the water rises 5 more feet, she may have to move in with my brother.

I said this is God's way of telling him to commit and take their relationship to the next level.

He didn't think that was funny. Too soon?
    Nothing is anything until it is written. After that, it's everything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow, crazy stuff! Stay dry Robert!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson