Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
A little jazzy collab anyone?

Thread: A little jazzy collab anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Default A little jazzy collab anyone?

Robert's chromatic lesson and thread responses finally got me noodling. So here's a short, jazzy BT with a couple minutes left to fill.

http://www.box.net/public/aerecjoep9

Hey I just noticed 2 new sub forums! Cool! Should this have gone into one of them I wonder?

Hey, Happy New Year everyone!
    "Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa

Yamaha G240
    Epi Dot Deluxe, Squier '51, G&L S-500
    Vox AD30VT, PODxt

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice Jazz tone and clean playing Hog! Did you use the 51 for this? What amp model on the PODxt did you use?
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice!

I'm going to try my hand at this and post back to this thread.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Thanks so much for the kind words!
    Lev, I played the Ibanez (2 HBs), bridge pup, volume rolled down some. Geez, if I didn't know better, it sounds like I know what I am doing. Thanks to the FretNet for that! The POD tone was a download from line 6. Here it is if u want to mess around with it.

http://www.box.net/public/2f4l0diq9y

Looking forward to your post, Stinger!
    "Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa

Yamaha G240
    Vox AD30VT, PODxt

Post Thanks / Like

Hog,

That sounds great! I'd say it sounds like you know what you are doing. I have a couple of questions for you since you have me thinking about a podxt. Where did you get the backing track and what software were you using to record? Was it included the podxt? Also, how do you think that would have sounded with your Squier '51 (I have a '51 also).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jasongins
    Hog,

That sounds great! I'd say it sounds like you know what you are doing. I have a couple of questions for you since you have me thinking about a podxt. Where did you get the backing track and what software were you using to record? Was it included the podxt? Also, how do you think that would have sounded with your Squier '51 (I have a '51 also).

I agree Hog! That is really great. I am sure your piano experience helps you with putting notes together like that, knowing what will sound good. Great job!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again for the support and positive vibes!
    Jason, the 2 free recording programs and backing track sites I use came from this most excellent forum. One recorder may work better than another on any individual computer for reasons known only to Bill Gates. Here are the recorders.

http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

And the BT sites. Sometimes they are down or slow. Other times they are working great. This one came from guitarbt.

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=2114

My guitars are about as opposite as possible to me. In my limited experience, I don't think that particular jazzy tone is possible on the 51. I'm sure a cool jazzy tone can be had on the 51, but it would be diff. But more experienced fretters may know better.

Sun, thanks to Robert for the inspiration that if it sounds cool, it is, no matter if it is a piano or sax lick. I hear so many excellent things in my head, but cannot voice them yet. But I'm having a blast learning and trying.

Yamaha G240
    Vox AD30VT, PODxt

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't stick to any particular scale. I just played. I can't do jazz very well, but at least I tried.
    http://www.box.net/public/k4jhzihbcq

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever scales or not you were playin, that was sweet.

Yamaha G240
    Vox AD30VT, PODxt

Post Thanks / Like

Hog, that was great, a good BT and great playing by you and Spuds both.
    Sorry to be late posting on this one, been in the middle of moving.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal