Thread: John hiatt----memphis in the meantime

Post Thanks / Like

Default John hiatt----memphis in the meantime

John Hiatt's Memphis in the Meantime.......notable in these 2 versions by how the lead guitarist in his band at the time helped to shape the direction of the song. Fascinating.

Sonny Landreth on slide. Advance up to 1:30 and skip the announcer's introl:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDdkwwiV-is

Ry Cooder on slide:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcTfQ9UJNis

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default John hiatt----memphis in the meantime

Thumbs up!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

How appropriate - I'm a-goin to see Sonny this Thursday at our homey local venue with a local bluesband with a really hot guitarist, the Delta Generators, opening! Such different (guitar) versions of that song...

Post Thanks / Like

TJ, How is the Narrows?
    Never been, or paid attention, sadly.

Speaking of hot guitar player, do check Jeremy Lyons. I saw him play on the Cape the other week. Mean acoustic-electric slide, some hot Robert Johnson stuff, great voice for the style!
    He and the "Delta Boys" do gigs in Eastern MA, from what I saw on his site.
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Poodles - the Narrows is fabulous - my favorite place for live music. It's on the top floor of an old mill building in Fall River, nicely done over with an attached art gallery and artists studios. You can BYOB and enjoy it at the show, or get coffee.tea and homemade goodies. The tix are usually very reasonable - this show is $25 in advance and $28 at the door. It's like being in someone's living room. Open seating with doors open at 7:00, shows at 8:00. They also have small tables in front of the stage that seat 4-5 for an extra fee, if you really want to be under the feet of the performers. Many great acts and I've seen great shows by folks I'd never heard of before. Definitely check it out sometime! Let me know if you're ever going and if I'm going, too, we can meet up.

ted