Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Considering selling my Fender Concert and adding an extension cab to my Peavey C-30.

Thread: Considering selling my Fender Concert and adding an extension cab to my Peavey C-30.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Considering selling my Fender Concert and adding an extension cab to my Peavey C-30.

I plugged into my Peavey Classic 30 yesterday for the first time in a while, and was blown away by how much I like that amp. I have my old Fender Concert at home and the C30 has been at work with the thought that I would play there sometimes. But never seem to get the chance.

I need to scrape up some dough and am thinking I do not really need two nice tube amps. The Fender Concert is nice to have, but pretty big for my needs, and frankly, I think the Peavey can cover it. The only two things I like about the Fender are the open sound with the 4x10 speaker arrangement vs. the much more direct 1x12 sound of the Peavey, and the vibrato. I can replicate the vibrato with a pedal, and I don't really use it that much.

I am also thinking I can find myself a good extension cab for the Peavey for not too much, and still be money ahead.

Thoughts?

Any of you guys run extension cabs on your C30s or have a recommendation for one?
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I do sunvalleylaw! I bought one of the Kustom 12" extension brand new at a local shop for like $80. I had just swapped the blue marvel in my c30 for a Texas Heat. So I just swapped the cheap Kustom speaker (and it was cheap) for the blue. And boy what a difference. I refuse to go back to a 112! It will not stack since cabinet is actually smaller but it sits nicely under my amp stand. You cant just see it behind the JF-1.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Cebreez! I almost forgot about those.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson