Thread: Hao Rust Booster II

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hao Rust Booster II

In a different post I had mentioned my very fortunate discovery of Hao products while in a music store shopping for other items. I just read an interesting article on the Range Booster in Musicians Hotline tha got me curious to test a treble, or any kind of, booster. The store happened to have a nice range of boutique pedals and, long story short, I played the Rust Booster through a Blues Deluxe and fell in love with the tone. The model I happened to use is a limited edition 2005, one of 100 produced. I don't know if the owner knew this or not because he gave me a great deal on two Hao pedals and I ended up walking away with the Booster and the Rust Driver for $200. I have seen the regular Booster retail for about $140 so I think I did ok with this purchase

I made a very quick clip where I used my Classic 30 on the normal channel at a low setting and did two guitar parts. One is a rhythm guitar with acoustic-like effect and, with the same settings just removing the effect, I kicked in the Booster for the lead track (panned right) and it really drove the speaker nicely. Made the strat sound full.

http://www.box.net/public/xbkuji245n

I will have to post a clip of the Rust Driver pedal at some point. In short, it does an amazing job of duping the sound of a vintage 60s Plexi.

Here are some sound clips to check out, for those who are a little curious:

Hao Rust Driver Info and Clips
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Its sounds really good. Very nice drive!
    I havent heard that 4 Non Blonds song for a long time
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009