Thread: G&L Tribute

Post Thanks / Like

Default G&L Tribute

Buffalo Bros. is having a blowout on G&L tributes. I hear that they are going for $299. I thought very seriously about getting an ASAT Tribute, but I can't afford it right now.

http://www.buffalobrosguitars.com/gAndL.html#tributes
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

One G&L Tribute S-500 in sunburst with maple fretboard, tool bag, cable and gig bag...$299.00
    Shipping to my door from Buffalo Bros in Carlsbad California...$42.00
    The expression on my wife's face when I told her I HAD to buy this guitar...Priceless

The guitar is on the way and I am GEEKED! I played one today at a local dealer and all I can say is WOW! There are 3 Tribute dealers within driving distance and only one had a S-500 left after the Christmas rush and am I glad I went to the trouble of finding one to try. I know the Tribute Tele's are very highly rated, but I have wanted a Strat type guitar since I learned what a single coil was and the S-500 gets similar raves. The worst part now is the waiting, and then I was told I must leave the guitar, unopened, in the box, in the house, for 24 hours to "acclimate" !!!
    I am so hyped I could talk about this guitar for hours, but I think I'll wait until it arrives, play it until my fingers ache, then talk about it for hours!
    If the one I end up with plays and sounds like the one at the store, this has to be one of the bargains of the year.

I thank you Tot, although I don' think the wife agrees!
    "Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa

Yamaha G240
    Epi Dot Deluxe, Squier '51, G&L S-500
    Vox AD30VT, PODxt

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I'm here for Hog. To mess with your wife.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Hog. I used to own a 1983 S-500, in Tobacco Burst on MaHOGany, and it was one of the sweetest playing and sounding guitars that I ever owned. The only reason it's gone today is the '85 MaHOGany L-2000 which replaced it!

BTW, the old S-500s were a different bunch, as you can see by following the link below. It always made me just a bit sad that Leo bought into the marketing folks and OK'd the change to a more standard strat-like appearance.

1982 MaHOGany S-500
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

The G&L Tribute has arrived! Taking a break and typing with one hand. I will get some better pictures and do a review after I have spent some more time with it, but so far this is one sweet guitar to me.

http://www.box.net/public/scvv0xxlvj

I haven't found a thing off or wrong yet. Setup is right on, lowest action I have yet played. She's beefier than I recalled from when I tried one, but has way more sustain than the 51. Lots more controls than I'm used to, so I will have to fiddle around some before I post any real sound samples, but here is a backing track I did with it.

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=2263

Definitely a keeper.
    "Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa

Yamaha G240
    Vox AD30VT, PODxt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hogfullofblues
    The G&L Tribute has arrived! Taking a break and typing with one hand.
    I'm glad you got the G&L Hog, but I think you've taken Sunvalley Steve's "Huge Honeymoon Hard-on" (or however that goes) too much to heart.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    I'm glad you got the G&L Hog, but I think you've taken Sunvalley Steve's "Huge Honeymoon Hard-on" (or however that goes) too much to heart.

LOL! I believe I was a bit more subtle. Hog, man, you make it hard on us other newbies. You sound great! Glad you like the new axe!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

LOL! Guess I got a little carried away there....

Yamaha G240
    Vox AD30VT, PODxt

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new toy, uh, tool, uh, necessity, uh,..well, however Mrs. Hog likes you to justify it.

Definitely a keeper.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.