Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
SOLD - Gauging interest: Reverend Jetstream 390

Thread: SOLD - Gauging interest: Reverend Jetstream 390

Post Thanks / Like

Default SOLD - Gauging interest: Reverend Jetstream 390

I just snagged a good deal on a G&L Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy Semi-hollow, so something's gotta go to make room. I'm thinking it'll be my sunburst '08 Reverend Jetstream 390 with three P90's. The guitar is in near-mint condition and sounds and plays great. Just one of those cases where I never seemed to really bond with it and it seems a shame for such a well-made instrument to be sitting largely unplayed. I'm thinking $450 + FedEx shipping (US only). PM if interested.

Photos:

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

That's interesting. What does it sound like? A giant strat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    What does it sound like? A giant strat?
    LOL! Actually, not a bad way to describe it. The P90s fall between a humbucker and a Strat-style single coil--more bite & twang and not quite as full as the former, but not as bright and snappy and with more power and mid-range than the latter. It uses a Strat-style 5-way blade switch, and the 2 & 4 positions have a lot of that Strat "quack" frequency cancellation character, but P90-style. Reverend guitars also come with separate passive treble and bass tone controls (they refer to the latter as "contour"), which give you some extra tone shaping capabilty. Really a lot of tonal flexibility.

I have absolutely no good reason why I never really bonded with the guitar. I just seem to always reach either for a Strat, a Tele or a humbucker guitar, and the Reverend has been sitting in the back row, collecting dust. Such a nice guitar needs to be played!!

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman View Post
    LOL! Actually, not a bad way to describe it.
    I once sold a tele to a guy who had a similar-looking Tom Anderson guitar in his trunk that he showed me, and that's how he described it. Interesting.

I have absolutely no good reason why I never really bonded with the guitar. I just seem to always reach either for a Strat, a Tele or a humbucker guitar, and the Reverend has been sitting in the back row, collecting dust. Such a nice guitar needs to be played!!
    I know what you mean. I solved that by selling off everything. If I am still not playing guitar in anything official within 3 months, I think I'm going to look at selling my amph and MFX pedal too.

Good luck with the sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Bumpity-bump....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Sold long ago
    Last edited by duhvoodooman; December 5th, 2013 at 07:45 PM.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!