Thread: Alternative to FastFret

Post Thanks / Like

Default Alternative to FastFret

Hey everyone! I was just wondering if anybody knew of cheap household alternatives to FastFret (might be called something different in the states?) As with lots of potions for specific applications, often something cheaper will work just as well. Anyone got any tips? The price of a tiny bottle of Fastfret seems kinda steep... or I'm just being tight!

Post Thanks / Like

Pledge. Spray on a cloth and then wipe your neck. The other alternative is to wipe your fretting hand through your hair and a bit of oil will then be on your fingers. It makes everything a lot slicker...as long as you aren't using hair products...and have hair.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffy View Post
    Hey everyone! I was just wondering if anybody knew of cheap household alternatives to FastFret (might be called something different in the states?) As with lots of potions for specific applications, often something cheaper will work just as well. Anyone got any tips? The price of a tiny bottle of Fastfret seems kinda steep... or I'm just being tight!
    A Scotsman tight ? never and I won't mention the Football either

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Spudman! will try that! cheers!... And guitartango, we would o won if they didn't beat us! haha

Post Thanks / Like

Was it Freddie King who supposedly used to rub his strings (which he also supposedly never or rarely changed) with a piece of fried chicken??

Post Thanks / Like

Sniffy,

In another post you mention ironside pickups ?, are they any good?

Looking for some pups for my Jap strat.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the late reply! It was Irongear pickups, from axetec, I think they're great, i gots them in me squier strat and epi LP! They're certainly good value for money anyway! Im not sure if they're nessesarily better than fender stock pups but I guess it just comes down to taste! ... hmm fried chicken would surely be worth a go! haha

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I think that Fast Fret is just a roll of fabric soaked with mineral oil....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Alternative to FastFret

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    Pledge. Spray on a cloth and then wipe your neck. The other alternative is to wipe your fretting hand through your hair and a bit of oil will then be on your fingers. It makes everything a lot slicker...as long as you aren't using hair products...and have hair.
    And oily hair at that. Mine is dry as desert. When I let it grow some that is. But I tend to wash it ten times a week too.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1 View Post
    Actually, I think that Fast Fret is just a roll of fabric soaked with mineral oil....

Yep.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Cool! A good 10W/40 oughta do the trick! Seriously though that's good to know cheers for the advice!