Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally have a recording!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally have a recording!

The original band I have been playing with since around February finally has a mostly-done recording. The recording is a little on the polite side right now but until we can re-record it, this will work. Another song should be done shortly, which I may also put up here. Just thought I'd post this here to let you know what I've been up to. FYI, I'm playing bass in this band.

https://soundcloud.com/animalelectric/give-and-take
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Like this tune a lot. Has a bit of a Black Crowes feel which is a very good thing to me. Liked the bass work. Agree another take on mastering would make it a bit more toothy, but it's still really good. Good composition on the song, too. Hope you do post the next one too as we need more stuff like this. Looking forward to more.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Eric - sounds great! Good original tune and tight playing - you guys are rockin it, congrats!

Post Thanks / Like

Doh, how can I miss this!??

Very cool Eric! That's quite a catchy tune.

Nice and tight bass work.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the nice comments. We're gearing up for a big show in a couple of weeks, but after that I am hoping we will settle in and do some more recording. I'll post what comes out of that as we get it finished.
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Finally have a recording!

Hey, that's real cool! Excellent singer. Black Crowes a little, I'd say lots of Spin Doctors and a little bit of Reef. One guitar? I'm on cell here but sounds like some guitar doubling could work, sounds a bit 'sparse' or live kinda....can't hear the bass at all on this tiny speaker either, but all in all, damn good, damn good nevertheless!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Great song and tight playing!
    As for the production, I'd like to hear more bass and the drums sound too compressed, but otherwise it is really close to what I imagine is the band's target.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Great song and tight playing!
    As for the production, I'd like to hear more bass and the drums sound too compressed, but otherwise it is really close to what I imagine is the band's target.
    Thanks. I feel like the guitars are just a little too tidy and the drums in particular are really clean; there's just more space overall than the grittiness we were kind of aiming for. This is a rough scratch track from the first night we got the Zoom R16 (drums are recorded exclusively with the two built-in condensers), but it's closer to the right sound. Less Jason Mraz, more...I don't know. Not Jason Mraz. I'm probably not supposed to make this public, so

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0n47e7rsvtaxewu/BCS.mp3

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    This is a rough scratch track from the first night we got the Zoom R16 (drums are recorded exclusively with the two built-in condensers), but it's closer to the right sound. Less Jason Mraz, more...I don't know. Not Jason Mraz. I'm probably not supposed to make this public, so

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0n47e7rsvtaxewu/BCS.mp3
    Cool! It has a rockabilly/surf feel but more rock aggressiveness. I bet it feels good to be a part of an original band.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Cool! It has a rockabilly/surf feel but more rock aggressiveness. I bet it feels good to be a part of an original band.
    It's 99% this. The rockabilly thing is just that particular song.

Yeah, it's pretty cool. More than anything, it's just nice to do something with music.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome!

I love it!

I really like how you swing your notes against the driving drums. In a fully-produced state, I'd buy this.

Very cool bass lines!

Post Thanks / Like

Just gave this a listen. Very impressed, Eric. The song sounds great and the playing is tight. Extra bonus points for your singer - just amazing! I'd love to hear more of this kind of stuff, please.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    The original band I have been playing with since around February finally has a mostly-done recording. The recording is a little on the polite side right now but until we can re-record it, this will work. Another song should be done shortly, which I may also put up here. Just thought I'd post this here to let you know what I've been up to. FYI, I'm playing bass in this band.

https://soundcloud.com/animalelectric/give-and-take
    Sounds great & a lot like Jamiroquai to my ears..... From about 0.36
    Last edited by The Grand Vizier; August 4th, 2013 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Bitofxtrawaffle!!

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, so we're trying to finish up the mixing on our DIY recording, and I would like your input on these two versions:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsxz38gjx1...phony%20v1.mp3
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/625461n9zk...phony%20v2.mp3

I apologize for them not being on SoundCloud or anything, but I don't want to make them official until they're, well, official. I guess in the interest of time we might dub one of these as 'done', but I think they could both use some tweaking. Any input from you guys?

Post Thanks / Like

Can't access from work

Post Thanks / Like

Eric really like that first raw recording in your first post sounded like black crowes /buckcherry to me!! Really dug it . The second set of recordings I like the way everything sits in the mix better on the second take but that is just my humble opinion as i'm sure I am suffering 50% loss of hearing at my age!!! Sounds good although I do prefer the second take!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat View Post
    Eric really like that first raw recording in your first post sounded like black crowes /buckcherry to me!! Really dug it . The second set of recordings I like the way everything sits in the mix better on the second take but that is just my humble opinion as i'm sure I am suffering 50% loss of hearing at my age!!! Sounds good although I do prefer the second take!!
    Thanks for the input! I do agree that the second mix seems closer to a good balance.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

That sounded really cool love the genre as it is a mix of and without a definitive specific type!!! In other words I hate when music is classified a specific type. Just my opinion!!! Great job Eric and your band the singer is a keeper fo-sho!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast