Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Mojo 2nd album for 20th anniversary birthday

Thread: Mojo 2nd album for 20th anniversary birthday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mojo 2nd album for 20th anniversary birthday

Dear Fret members,

I want to share with you the excitement and joy that we experienced with the first studio session for our 2nd album to come in end of 2014 most probably. We have a new project which is to release this CD for the 20th anniversary birthday of the band creation

We took one day in a nice 24 digital tracks studio run by two friends of us which are both excellent musicians and skilled recording engineers Joël and Jacques. this time we plan to balance the recording between covers and originals. As a test run we record a cover of Woke up this morning from B.B King which is part of our song list for quite some years. Also new to us we plan to perform on stage with a small horn section trumpet by J.C and saxophones by Max.

We hope that the recording will be raw and true to the bone like we play on stage

Here is Mitch our drummer and my longtime companion (more than 18 years touring together)

Ben which is playing bass with us since 8 years (after our original bass player left)

Myself with my Thinline Custom Telecaster trying to run some licks

My new custom made Tweed Vibrolux amp made by Denis a friend of us

And the horn section

Below a link to a short audio clip of the recording (premix only)

https://soundcloud.com/jipes/woke-up...morning-teaser
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Woot! Great news, Jipes!
    I'll listen to the clip when I get home since it is blocked at work.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome clip. Can't wait to hear more!. Well done and congrats.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Woot! Great news, Jipes!
    I'll listen to the clip when I get home since it is blocked at work.
    Thanks TIG we are excited about the project

Quote Originally Posted by helliott View Post
    Awesome clip. Can't wait to hear more!. Well done and congrats.
    Thanks Helliot, we are convinced that the quality of teh studio will really match our expectations
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I got a chance to listen, and wow, you guys sound great!
    I can't wait to hear more over the next few months.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    I got a chance to listen, and wow, you guys sound great!
    I can't wait to hear more over the next few months.
    Thanks TIG the next session will probably take place this fall for a day and we hope to record maybe two or three more songs
    Guitars:

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, Jipes! the teaser sounds great - have fun with the rest of the recording!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1 View Post
    Congrats, Jipes! the teaser sounds great - have fun with the rest of the recording!
    Thanks a lot man for your support ! We played our first gig with the horn section at a Jazz Festival in Mulhouse yesterday and that was a blast those two guys now how to improvise we had a ball !
    Guitars:

Amps: