Thread: Call Me The Breeze -- live recording

Post Thanks / Like

Default Call Me The Breeze -- live recording

Something a bit different for our band. A cross between the original JJ version and some other stuff. Very jammy and clammy. Your input is welcome and appreciated as always.

https://app.box.com/s/obi5wp3k8gfydfeekive
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah........love the slide to start things off and I think you nailed the essence of JJ Cale and Skynyrd with this rendition. Stellar slide work throughout. Wow.....gotta go listen again, especially around the 2:00 mark. Love how the other git tears it up around the 4 minute mark. Damn, you guys are good.

Post Thanks / Like

Real nice definitely the sweet spot!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks bro's. Jamie's solo is the ripper and he always surprises. We have played this the last two weekends to honour Cale's passing from this world to the next. Folks really seem to like that we dedicated to his memory.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by helliott View Post
    Something a bit different for our band. A cross between the original JJ version and some other stuff. Very jammy and clammy. Your input is welcome and appreciated as always.

https://app.box.com/s/obi5wp3k8gfydfeekive
    I love the relaxed groove, you guys sounds like a Southern Rock band I like it As other member pointed out the slide is very tasty !
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, Jipes. Appreciate the feedback. The southern thing is interesting. At a gig recently a patron wondered if we hailed from the American south, but we corrected her as we hail from The Hammer.
    helliott in Hamilton

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice groove there! Nice to hear the vocal harmony, that makes a big difference.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Robert. Yeah, we're liking the tune more since we added the harmony part.
    helliott in Hamilton