Thread: My cousin came into town and played us a nice little concert . . .

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default My cousin came into town and played us a nice little concert . . .

Marian Call, my cousin originally from Gig Harbor, and now Juneau, AK stopped through on a western road tour where she is playing coffee houses, book stores and the like. Here is one little sweet song from the concert last night at Iconoclast Books in Ketchum.

She also does some other saucier stuff, some jazzier stuff, and a whole lot of fun entertainment. Her songs were just what some of us needed after the fires killed off our summer season right when the businesses needed it. The fires are mostly out, but a lot of business volume that is relied on during thinner months was lost.

she picked good songs, sang her little heart out, and made everyone feel better. Her guitarist, Scott Barkan, from NY City is pretty awesome too. An acoustic folk shredder, he is.
    Last edited by sunvalleylaw; August 29th, 2013 at 05:23 PM.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, beautiful voice. That was great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks for commenting! Yes, she does have a great voice. And her songwriting is pretty darned good too!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Your cousin is so cool! She brings it with a skilled, fun delivery of some very clever lyrics.
    I remember finding out she was in town a few years ago, the following week.

Post Thanks / Like

Great songwriting/singers are becoming scarce!!Love the quirkiness!!!