Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The weekend Thread
Page 1 of 86 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The weekend Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up The weekend Thread

Friday: brought home pizza for la familia and beer for me. Hung out with Los Krashpaditos while Mrs. K was at a happy hour with her work friends.

Saturday: In the early afternoon we worked on my son's science experiment (rock candy, yum!). Then he and I and La Krashpadita drove into town for parking detail at our church, picking up one of El Krashpadito's friends on the way. Our church is about 5 blocks from Florida Field (a/k/a The Swamp), so every home game, they sell parking spaces and make a batch of money for the youth group and college ministry (we have 2 interconnected lots, one at the church and one at the vicarage). Most of the spaces at the church are reserved, so the work involves mainly setting out traffic cones on each space with the persons' names on them, then collecting them when the lot is full.

As the game begins we order pizza, and then take the cones back down. While we were there, the youth group's adult leader asked if La Krashpadita wanted to be the youth representative to the church's Youth Group Advisory Panel, all the rest of which are adults (she later decided she would do that). I'm very proud of her-- but the church had better be ready for some opinions.

After pizza and traffic-cone removal, we went home and watched the Gators dismantle the 3rd-ranked LSU Tigers and win by 30 points. GO GATORS!

Sunday: went to church, El Krashpadito was serving his first Sunday as an acolyte, so that now all our family has served in such capacity when the time came:

I couldn't be more prouderer.

During the service, I noted that one of the songs specifically called for both a bass solo and for electric guitars to come in halfway through, but none were there. I've offered to play either bass or guitar and they're too pansy to go for it (I know it's not me not being up to it, because I played at this church's sister church for a decade, plus they have another guitarist who could play if not me). Mrs. K foolishly let La Krashpadita (age 15) drive us through town traffic all the way home, and only due to the grace of Divine Providence did we survive unscathed.

In the afternoon I watched some NFL football and then the evening was spent helping El Krashpadito study for a history test. Mrs. K wasn't convinced he was studied-up enough though, so this morning I quizzed him some more and drove him to school so we could study (using flash cards) more on the way.

I now know all 6 major ancient Mesopotamian civilizations in historical order and all their starting dates. Plus a bunch more crap.

How about y'all?

Post Thanks / Like

It was cold so I did the lazy and a little shopping with the Mrs. on Sat and Sun I slept most of the day(Its been a long time since I've done that,felt good).Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

I opened my big stupid mouth on Friday and volunteered to work over the weekend since we're behind on some projects.

Friday I self medicated with tequila shots taken with my chick.

Saturday I worked, Sunday I worked, this morning I got in early. I'm running out of steam.

Funny thing was I was working at home both days during the weekend. On Sunday I was 3 scotches in when I started on a particular item. That particular item got much praise today when everyone else took a look.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Glacies
    I opened my big stupid mouth on Friday and volunteered to work over the weekend since we're behind on some projects.

Friday I self medicated with tequila shots taken with my chick.

Saturday I worked, Sunday I worked, this morning I got in early. I'm running out of steam.

Funny thing was I was working at home both days during the weekend. On Sunday I was 3 scotches in when I started on a particular item. That particular item got much praise today when everyone else took a look.
    Haha, man I can't do shots any more. They're just no fun. I still like drinking beer though.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    It was cold so I did the lazy and a little shopping with the Mrs. on Sat and Sun I slept most of the day(Its been a long time since I've done that,felt good).Sumi
    Sigh. With one preteen and a teen, it'll probably be years before I can sleep in again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    Haha, man I can't do shots any more. They're just no fun. I still like drinking beer though.
    I love drinking beer, but it makes me feel so bloated.

I love bourbon too. And Scotch. I freakin love scotch.

Perfect night for me, one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It was a little snowy here, so other than a quick hike with the dog, I did not get out too much. Sat. was playing some new chords I am learning and some leads I am trying to learn over a backer, with my eyes closed as much as possible. Just kept at it as much as I could all day. I rarely have a chance to do that so it was nice.

Sun. was help the kids with homework day, and later launching rockets up into the low hanging clouds we had that day with the Cub Scouts. We all built the old school Estes Triple Alpha rocket kits. Most of the kids were able to find their rockets after launch. Those that didn't got to take turns launching mine that I built that morning, modding it with a special "Pumpkin Express" paint scheme.

Got to have a beer with my buds at the local watering hole after all that was done. Shots are very few and far between for me. I can't remember when I had one last. I am more a micro brew swiller, or red wine.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

ok....friday night me and my two kids (and two of their friends) and my neighbors and their three kids went up to the pool around 8pm and had the whole pool and spa to ourselves....swam until 10pm....

....got up early saturday morning and signed my son up for the city basketball league....then me and my 2 kids along with some neighbors and their kids (total of 4 adults and 7 kids) went to a "corn maze" about an hour from our home....lots of fun with the maze, a hayride and playground....

http://www.longandscottfarms.com/Corn_Maze.htm

we got back late in the afternoon and we all were hanging out outside watching the kids play....i brought out my acoustic and started playing and another neighbor brought out his telescope and we all took turns checking out the moon....

when it got dark the bugs came out so one of my neighbors brought over a small tiki torch and everyone was hanging out on my front porch....we were drinking beer and ordered some pizzas....we ate outside and we all were laughing so hard that we were almost in tears....

we called it a night at around 11pm....

slept in sunday morning and then we went to one of the neighbor's kids (6 year old) flag football game....he scored his first touchdown and as he was running by he was grinning at us on the sidelines instead of looking where he was running....still made the touchdown though....

we all went out to dinner after the game and then came home to chill and get ready for monday....

a very busy and fun weekend! it was a lot of fun spending time with all the kids and my neighbors!!

we have decided to plan another event (scavenger hunt or something) for the near future!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Man, Warren that sounds great, I'm glad you were able to be with your kids and have fun. There's a corn maze here west of town that we've been to several years.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Weekend coming up again!

What are your plans my peeps?

I shall be here:

Happy Friday folks!

Hopefully I'll have some pics by Monday or so. The old beater acoustic 12 is going along, so there shall be tunes in the woods!

Post Thanks / Like

you will love wekiwa brian....i live close by (call me if you have time)....i have my daughter's soccer game saturday afternoon and then it's gonna be a daddy/daughter event....dinner at her favorite mexican restaurant and then off to see that new chihuahua movie!

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

I am finally going to try that guitar I've been eyeballing, buy a new song book, maybe even set up my father's old sax and give that a shot, then I'm joining the library.

Tonight will be tequila night again - was a long week.

Post Thanks / Like

Haha, El Krashpadito saw that flick last Sunday and loved it. I'll be pretty much tied to the campsite all weekend, as it's a Scout thing and I'm sure I'll be asked to transport some besides my son.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    Haha, El Krashpadito saw that flick last Sunday and loved it. I'll be pretty much tied to the campsite all weekend, as it's a Scout thing and I'm sure I'll be asked to transport some besides my son.
    enjoy it....we'll get together another time!

ww

Post Thanks / Like

I've got two gigs this weekend - double honky tonk.

Hey Crash, how come you still got leaves on your trees? That ain't right.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I've got two gigs this weekend - double honky tonk.

Hey Crash, how come you still got leaves on your trees? That ain't right.
    There's a reason they call 'em "live oaks!" The above pics were just snatched from various places off the web, but we do still have leaves on the trees, of course. The trees get all confused in Gainesville and drop leaves for like 3 months solid when the cold finally comes.

On the other hand, it'll be in the 80's this weekend with night-time lows in the low 60's or high 50's, perfect outdoors weather.

Break a leg at your shows, and, of course, we'll need pics!

Post Thanks / Like

Sure Krash... wait until mid October to start posting threads about camping
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Algonquin
    Well, every silver cloud has a dark lining. El Krashpadito went to summer camp with Scouts for a week in June or so, sleeping in tents, and it was miserable. I dunno how he did it. I went out for the day on Wednesday and again Friday to pick him up, and it was really really awful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Algonquin
    Just ask him if hes going swimming there, hehe!
    Its freezin balls even in the hottest summer months in those springs hes going to

Are you going tubing Krash???
    That place is alot of fun!

Page 1 of 86 1231151 ... LastLast