View Poll Results: Where do you buy music?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • iTunes

3 30.00%
  • Amazon (mp3)

3 30.00%
  • Amazon (CD/DVD)

4 40.00%
  • In a physical store

5 50.00%
  • Other - please specify

3 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Where do you buy music?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

All four plus direct from artists regularly. Absolutely directly if possible, CDBaby or whatever way they prefer if that works better. I like actual CD's for a lot of music still. For downloading, I have migrated slowly toward using AmazonMP3 more than iTunes due to cost. Or even more often, if it is not a local or direct buy artist, I order the CD via Amazon Prime, and get the free download with it until the CD gets here.

I edited my vote to select all of the options, as detailed in my verbal response herein. (lawyer speak. I have been drafting wills).
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where do you buy music?

I buy digital music from iTunes, or physical CD's via Amazon or in a store.

For me, it's probably 70% via iTunes, 10% via Amazon and 20% from artists, direct, or from a physical store or other source. I've used abstractlogix.com a few times.

How about you?

[I recreated this thread to allow for multiple answers.]
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Still old school and I rummage for vinyl at some small shops here in town...my album collection will never be finished

Post Thanks / Like

You can tell that we are old with that high incidence of cd buying There's not a young person I know who buys - or even owns any - cd's. They're dinosaur items (even tho I use them exclusively - I have no MP3 or other compressed formats.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just to be clear, I am not the thread starter. Robert started and then re-created the thread to change the poll. Neil Young is in the news with his Ponos thing again. It is a different player that is supposed to be better sound with less loss from compression, etc. it will be interesting to see if it actually comes to market as an option. Meanwhile, I will add to my answer that I buy some vinyl too, as I did from Brian Krashpad recently, and occasional others.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah maybe it was a bad idea to make the poll multiple answers...? I just thought it would be interesting to see what source most people use when buying music. If everyone selects all options, then it may not be as interesting to see the results... although it's the most true answer!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Yeah maybe it was a bad idea to make the poll multiple answers...? I just thought it would be interesting to see what source most people use when buying music. If everyone selects all options, then it may not be as interesting to see the results... although it's the most true answer!
    In my case it is. But I think there is nothing un-interesting about that. I think a lot of others might purchase differently.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    Meanwhile, I will add to my answer that I buy some vinyl too, as I did from Brian Krashpad recently, and occasional others.
    Thanks again for that Steve!

I have cut way down on my music buying. Almost all of it is local stuff directly from bands at shows. Sometimes I'll just go on Spotify and listen to that. And I borrow CDs from the public library.

I don't really do the digital download thing. I still have CDs and vinyl. Hell, I still have cassettes.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing to worry about there, Krash. Now, if you said you still have 8-track tapes....well, then you might have to be committed. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post
    Nothing to worry about there, Krash. Now, if you said you still have 8-track tapes....well, then you might have to be committed. lol
    Haha, true dat! Although I lived through the 8-track time period I never had the tapes or a player. I did have an all-in-one am/fm radio and record player unit that had previously had an 8-track in it. But it was a repo I got for cheap because the owner had yanked the 8-track player out before it was repossessed. It's actually still out in the garage at Casa Krashpad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad View Post
    Thanks again for that Steve!
    No thank you! Fun stuff!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson