Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
NLBD (new long board day)

Thread: NLBD (new long board day)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default NLBD (new long board day)

For fun as well as speeding up my transportation while working downtown, I ordered this 34" bamboo long board from Sector 9. My building has a few sandwich shops nearby, but everything else is at least 5 to 6 blocks away, which takes much of my lunch time away. It also speeds up the time to get to my bus stop.

So after about 23 years since I last rode a skateboard, I hope I relearn quickly and painlessly!

Post Thanks / Like

Tig - careful, don't break anything! Playing guitar has made me leery of anything that might cause damage to the arms/hands...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Have fun! That looks like a fun board!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKfYb...JA77fTqB_5zIBg
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1 View Post
    Tig - careful, don't break anything! Playing guitar has made me leery of anything that might cause damage to the arms/hands...
    I'm too old not to be careful. However, damage might make me a better player!

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    Have fun! That looks like a fun board!
    I don't think I'll be pulling any high speed slides around here. Besides, the wheels are pretty grippy.
    I skated to and from my bus stops Friday. The closest afternoon stop is one of the last and the buses are fairly full by then. Now, I can skate up 6 or 8 blocks and get on earlier. Did I mention how quickly my legs burned and heart rate went up?

I saw one guy on a longboard and a big pole, as if he were using it like a paddle board, never stepping off to kick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Isn't it funny how a couple of those helmets in the cover shot for that video look like '89-91 era mountain bike helmets?!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson