Thread: Traveler (type) guitars. Recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Traveler (type) guitars. Recommendations?

Hardly been around these parts, but I'm hoping that will change. Not that I seek to spend more time online, but that the time I do spend will be related to worthy pursuits.

In that vein, I just got a new job, in my wheelhouse, which I've not been for some time. BUT it will require travel, and I'll be seeing airplanes occasionally, and hotels even more often, so I'm interested in a travel guitar.

I'm thinking of an electric, full scale, so that it can be silent for late night playing in a hotel without bothering anyone nearbye...

the Traveler's look interesting....Childbride bought one a while back as I recall....how are you liking yours, CB? Anyone else seen a traveler solution that is commendable?
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

heya, Tio--

As a matter of fact, she just went on the pool table as part of the packing process to go to Advanced Family Law CLE in S Padre tomorrow.

That guitar goes EVERYWHERE w me. The two of us, between work and play, are either on the road or in the air on a constant basis.

Rocket recommended this to me back in 2010? I have a Traveler Ultra Light. I got it after I gifted my little travel Yamaha to my step-niece so she could start playing on something her size. Shiner always travels w his trusty Washburn D10s, and although the guitar has made it fine all over [it's flown LOTS] the case is now largely held together by duct tape and bumper stickers instead of tolex. I get freaky about my gear and feel the need to keep an eye on it always; the Traveler fits right under the seat in the plane, one of my feet on either side of the end of the neck.

The little metal attachment they send to use as a leg rest is kinda worthless, IMHO... but i take my VOX [or not] and jam wherever I go.

They have some truly cool models of Travelers. They deserve a look for sure if you're needing light, mobile, and compact.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Traveler (type) guitars. Recommendations?

Wow. That's quite an endorsement. So you've had no issues regarding electronics or tuning machines, etc? I'm not going to be too harsh on judging tone, but I would like everything to work. They're not THAT cheap. Kewl....
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Ixnay on the dulcet tones. But I've accidentally whacked Shiner in the head a couple of times on planes but it still works. If that's not an endorsement... I got nothin'...for me, it's just about keeping up w my lesson, not gigging or anything else.

Post Thanks / Like

Hohner made a decent small electric guitar similar to one that Johny Winter (I guess a Lazer maybe Steinberger) use to play I don't know whether it's easy to get one but since it's headless and relatively compact that could be a good choice at a decent price. At Musician Friend they don't have it anymore

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...eadless-guitar
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Just found the model Johny Winter was using it is a Dan Erlewine

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Rare...item46110ae75a
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the link to Traveler guitars:
    http://www.travelerguitar.com/

Click Guitars, then Electric. CB has the Ultra-light. I think Rocket had the Speedster model. Comes with gig-bag.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, what Pie said. There are musicians that do in FACt gig w these upper model travelers.

Tio, ck your fb.