Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
2 belated NGD's

Thread: 2 belated NGD's

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 belated NGD's

I actually got both of these in the spring and never posted them... Got each of them for about $120 (needing minor repairs) AND as a result have broken my '1 in 1 out' rule (excuse:"Hey, when they're that cheap they don't count!")

I really dig the Wildkat!! My first P-90 guitar - I love these pups, and the guitar is great to play - very nice neck with low action, kind of like a LP. It sure looks great, too, and I now have a guitar with a Bigsby to boot.

This is a really sweet Recording King 12-fret triple 0. It's got an amazingly big open, old-timey kind of sound. It has a rather wide and thick neck, but it plays really easily and has its own feel. Originally the fingerboard was unmarked, which was looked really nice actually, but I found these great inlays and thought they suited for a kind of turn of the century feel. Also added the bone bridge pins - big abalone dots with brass rings - for the same effect.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! Both look like really nice guitars.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I don't know anything about acoustics, but that WildKat was a SCORE! $120 USD? DANG.

Bosstastic! Congrats.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad View Post
    Wow! I don't know anything about acoustics, but that WildKat was a SCORE! $120 USD? DANG.
    I believe this to be untrue, Sir Krashteban.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice finds!
    I'm partial to 12 fret, small body, slotted headstock acoustics, and the Recording Kings nails it without going broke.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Nice finds!
    I'm partial to 12 fret, small body, slotted headstock acoustics, and the Recording Kings nails it without going broke.
    I was actually researching this style acoustic as I was thinking about building one from a kit with my brother when I stumbled on this one - would have cost 3 times that for a kit! I was really surprised at how great it sounds and plays, and the build quality is excellent. Even at the full the street price of about $350. this guitar is a great buy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad View Post

Bosstastic! Congrats.
    Well, it did have a couple of fixable injuries - maybe prior shipping damage. The pups had been knocked loose (you might be able to see some finish cracks around the dog-ears) and there was the beginning of a crack in the neck at the nut. But it fixed up great and there are no other problems.

Post Thanks / Like

sweet score....! I hope they play as well as they look