Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Nash TL-72, New axe found its way Home

Thread: Nash TL-72, New axe found its way Home

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nash TL-72, New axe found its way Home

Here it is I'm the proud owner of a new axe, a Nash TL-72. For those of you which are not familiar with Nash guitars a little bit of history:

Bill Nash, musician installed in Los Angeles, assemble his first guitar with a Mighty mite neck (thought to replace his 76 Telecaster) prove to be right and play that guitar 15 years. he worked for years in a guitar shop fixing all types of guitars but realize that many new guitars need fixing before sales. In 2001 decide to run his own company and get quite rapidly a lots of praise from different customers. Through eBay he is rapidly known as a solid guitar maker. Right now working in a shop with 8 other members doesn't sell anymore to individual customers but has a great network of retailers.

I bought mine through a guitar player in Geneva. Me met in the railway station of Bern (switzerland) and seal the deal in 10mn. The guitar is a copy of the famous Thinline Custom from the 70's. except teh three bolts which are replaced by a standard 4 bolts fixation. The guitar is a two tone sunburst light relic and possess two Lollar Regal pickups which are quite close to the Famous Seth Lover Wide Range Pickups who equipped the Fender Telecaster Custom and Thinline Custom as well as the Starcaster in the 70's.

The guitar is light and compare to my original Thinline (500grams lighter), it resonate really well and the pickups are really great they have the same sonic character than the WR but with a little better definition in the crunch sounds. Here are some pics of the Beauty. First side by side with my original 1977 Telecaster thinline Custom and then some close-ups on the body and the pickups

http://www.nashguitars.com/

Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

WOW!! A Nash thinline with wide range p'ups!! that's a dream guitar right there.

My understanding, from pro players who love Nash, is that his take on a guitar is always an improvement on the original. That makes this a killer find. congratulations!!

Got a friend selling a Nash Les Paul right now... and I have no business considering it, but they are hard to come by and absolutely stellar.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What a sweet find!
    HNGD

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tig and Tio, just to precise teh Nash has Lollar Regal and not the vintage Wide Range even if they sounds very similar it's quite amazing
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If it didn't already have great pickups, I'd recommend these reproductions that use the magic CuNiFe threaded magnets.
    http://www.telenator.com/
    Very pricey, however.

Post Thanks / Like

I know those pickups the guy which is doing them is on the TDPRI forum and the whole story is explained there, however the Lollar are really great pickups ! As for the Telenators they even offer to re-use the cover of the new reissue Wide Range which equipped the MIM Telecaster and some of the Japanese version (the newer ones)
    Guitars:

Amps: