Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you use to check TheFret: desktop, smartphone, tablet, laptop...?

Post Thanks / Like

Question What do you use to check TheFret: desktop, smartphone, tablet, laptop...?

Just curious, what do you usually use to log on and have fun on the Fret?
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like

Mods, please change "heck" to "check"!

See, I am using a laptop on the couch, and I regularly do that kind of typing mistake, and fail to check my title.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Tapatalk on Android phone.

Which, sadly, also heavily reduces the time spent checking it, as I keep getting so many notifs on Tapatalk from other forums I tend to spend my time on those. Unless there's a response to a subscribed thread, I seldom surf to sites any more. Got half a dozen forums I follow in Tapatalk and the rest is largely very occasional visits at best any more.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Work laptop mostly.

Post Thanks / Like

Only on my laptop during work or Computer during the evening and week-end
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Home laptop.

Post Thanks / Like

Desktop at work and home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

laptop, desktop, iPhone.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

desktop for me!!!

Post Thanks / Like

generally home desktop and laptop.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

home desktop only

Post Thanks / Like

Old-fashioned computer with a mouse and a separate monitor and everything.
    Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Ultra; pretty red Squier Acoustic;
    Amps: Vox VT30;
    Pedals: Dunlop Fuzz Face; Dunlop Crybaby Wah
    My kids have: Squier Affinity Stratocaster MII; Fender G-DEC; Squire Acoustic; Jay Turser Strat-copy, Roland Cube amp

"I am a sworn enemy of the saccharine, and a believer in grace over karma." Bono 2001

Post Thanks / Like

Wherever. All of the above. It's pretty dead around here these days, so I there's not much reason to check it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Wherever. All of the above. It's pretty dead around here these days, so I there's not much reason to check it now.
    I've noticed that too Eric. Way dead!!! What do you think reason??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riverrick View Post
    I found that it is very easy to veer off onto another environment these days, want it or not.

Just the other day (middle of night actually!), using Tapatalk, I ran into a med student forum where high cost of education, surgeons' ethics were discussed, the 14 pages of it....!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riverrick View Post
    Things are just very fluid on the internet and the 'scenes' vary quickly. Unless you have a huge user base established like on Reddit or The Gear Page or Talkbass or something, activity can take a major hit when a couple of key personalities leave or get tied up with other parts of life. I think the coziness of The Fret is causing a bit of a lull because it's just not the hangout it used to be for some people.

I know I personally stopped caring about buying gear as much and I feel much more oriented within the guitar and sound universe, so I don't end up asking as many questions. I'm more interested in playing bass and playing with people than I am in buying another pedal I won't use. Some people experiment that way, but I'm more of a simpleton and given that, there will be a definite ebb and flow to my forum usage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What do you use to check TheFret: desktop, smartphone, tablet, laptop...?

Yep, that. Me similarly...been selling off more than acquiring. I suppose a forum would need some more variety to always thrive even without huge membership numbers. Like also talk of cars, other hobbies, politics, even the dreaded philosophical or religious issues.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My gear purchasing has pretty much halted. I have all I'll ever need ("want" is a different level!). GAS is limited to just a few items, but it can all wait.

As for forums, I spend most of my time at Mark Wein Guitar Lessons. A few fellow fretters frequent there and the place is very dynamic and fun, without politics and gear cork sniffing. The Fret will always feel like home, of course.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa View Post
    ...Like also talk of cars, other hobbies, politics, even the dreaded philosophical or religious issues.
    Hey, there's the food sub-forum, how universal is that...!?!?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast