Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

What the balls is this?!

Thread: What the balls is this?!

Post Thanks / Like

Default What the balls is this?!

Hey,

I have a classical acoustic here, I've had it a while, there's absolutely no logos, branding, make, model , serial number, "made in", or anything on it at all that would indicate what it is or where it's come from!

So I need the keen eyed amongst us to give me an opinion on what they think it might be... It might be worth a bomb! Haha

Thanks ,

Al

Post Thanks / Like

Default What the balls is this?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I dunno. Sure looks like my first guitar from 2nd grade.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    I dunno. Sure looks like my first guitar from 2nd grade.
    I don't know either but she sure is a Beauty!
    If I had to guess who made this lovely instrument,To Me it has a Martinish flavor judging by looks and craftsmanship.although saw a Maton like it hanging in a music store rack once.thought it odd not having their signature headstock like others.
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Many a that type nylonstring or acoustic only had a label stuck on the inside. If it comes off...

It does look a lot like my Landola C-21 to me. It was a popular beginner guitar at some point. Could be something similar.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers. Yeah I don't think it will be anything amazing. But I heard of a guy who found some old battered guitar that ended up being worth a lot. Thought I might have got lucky.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I have something that looks similar to that but it is a 1968 Jauan Reinier de Montagne Concierto And I don’t know how much this is worth it could be worth 500 to 2 grand and I don’t know and no one really can tell me either I don’t want to spend $1000 on getting it appraised so it’s with me until I figure it out. This is my my grandmothers and I didn’t even know she played but when I got it it had nylon strings and it was in the Plush case. In good condition considering it sat for as long as it did well not considering it’s in good or great condition actually nothings coming off everything is solid the lacquer is making an awesome design I think. It doesn’t affect the guitar at all but it looks very similar to yours but mine has a label inside telling me who made it signed years does not have anything like that? The guy that made this made guitars for quite some time he’s not really well-known but he’s got a few apprentices that actually are pretty famous in the flamenco guitar making business. But this is the pictures of the one I’ve got to see if you think it’s similar which I think it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes Robert**** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm calling the OP's guitar a Landola, C series, either a C-21 that's been re-lacquered, or a slightly more upscale model of the same. I have one too, it's a Finnish company by origin although I don't know if they subcontracted guitars elsewhere too. Every school here has a dozen of those pretty much.

Mine is like '82 or so, 40 years old but now....even if they may not be something extra special by any stretch, they are well built and real wood.

I think Landola pushed to US market around the end of the 80s and had a few bigger names as well, but there were some issues about woods...Can't remember. US made acoustics are notorious here for needing constant humidification or they crack, while I've never humidified these and they don't....maybe the woods from the Nordic work differently...In any case the US climate and/or user humidification habits didn't suit Landolas well. Or something like that. Could be totally just a rumour though.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/284525691037...QAAOSwP9ZhjZcI
    Im thinking it belongs to the Suzuki family