Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Incoming NGD! (Gibson SG content)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incoming NGD! (Gibson SG content)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Incoming NGD! (Gibson SG content)

Arriving Friday, unless the weather gets even nastier, my first Gibson.

Gibson SG Standard - Natural Burst
    This exact one...

smaller than recent model headstock

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice guitar I always admire the simplicity and efficiency of those SG models, in the hands of Derek Trucks, Frank Zappa or Angus young they do miracles
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jipes View Post
    Very nice guitar I always admire the simplicity and efficiency of those SG models, in the hands of Derek Trucks, Frank Zappa or Angus young they do miracles
    Merci, Jipes!

In my hands, they do gut spasms.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't be too hard with yourself pleasure is not directly proportional to guitar skills
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

That was very well said, Jipes. Tig, I love that color/finish on an SG - first time I've seen it - is it just natural mahogany? Enjoy it, she's a beauty!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh dude.......love the color of your SG. Tig, what kind of wood is that? Dunno if that's mahogany. I have a lap steel in mahogany and it's considerably darker than yours. Anyway, your axe looks awesome. Hope it sounds just as good. Enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Arriving Friday, unless the weather gets even nastier, my first Gibson.

Gibson SG Standard - Natural Burst
    This exact one...

smaller than recent model headstock

Wow. That looks a lot like an SG I had -- colour and all -- about 30 years ago. Sold it cause I needed the dough for a new amp. Wish I hadn't. It was great especially for slide. Now I'm gassin for another having seen yours.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1 View Post
    That was very well said, Jipes. Tig, I love that color/finish on an SG - first time I've seen it - is it just natural mahogany? Enjoy it, she's a beauty!
    Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post
    Oh dude.......love the color of your SG. Tig, what kind of wood is that? Dunno if that's mahogany. I have a lap steel in mahogany and it's considerably darker than yours. Anyway, your axe looks awesome. Hope it sounds just as good. Enjoy.
    Thanks, all. It is mahogany with a mild "natural burst" finish. The recent price drop brought it into my radar.
    The reviews have been overwhelmingly positive on this model, which has the '57 Classic pickups and 60's neck profile.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Tig beautiful guitar mate.
    I have only owned one Gibson an SG Special 60's tribute, I loved the guitar but not those P90's.
    I even replaced the pickups with another brand of P90 to no avail so it had to go,plenty of guys like P90's but they are not my cup of java..
    One day I will buy another but with 'buckers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The cat trap has arrived!

Luckily it included a new SG.

In excellent condition. It is very loud unplugged. The fit and finish are perfect.
    I'll replace the strings and adjust the action and intonation later.

Post Thanks / Like

Unplugged?!? Unplugged?!? Well, plug 'er in, man!

Post Thanks / Like

Just beautiful......... that's a real nice case too. Isn't how funny how cats love boxes? Baby Cobra has 4 cats and they all love boxes.

Post Thanks / Like

Dang Doug, I saw that on Wein's first, but CONGRATS AGAIN!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

OK, this guitar wasn't supposed to be this good. After lowering the bridge and intonating just the D string, I plugged it in.

Keeper. The individual string clarity is better than any guitar I've owned or played. Through a clean amp the highs ring. I've never had hum buckers that are bell like. I can get almost tele twang with a compressor pedal. Finger picked chords let each note sing. It also sustains longer than my other guitars, but I didn't expect it to.

Cranked amp, she comes alive like an angry mountain lion. The neck pickup punches out that wood producing woody tone above the 12th fret. The bridge purrs with great low string harmonics and bite.

Hey, I know the honeymoon just started, but Gibsons aren't supposed to be this good anymore. I'm supposed to be cussing at Henry J about how their quality is in the sh** can these days. Maybe I got lucky or maybe certain models have better consistency than others.

All I know is this guitar is fantastic and I love it. Will Mrs. T let her in our bed, even if I don't name her?

Post Thanks / Like

Name her after Mrs. T! She can't fault you having TWO of her!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad View Post
    Name her after Mrs. T! She can't fault you having TWO of her!
    You, sir, are a genius!
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

wowza!!!!

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

I just saw this. What a beautiful SG.

I bought one of the older style full pickguard ones in heritage cherry when they were getting ready to release these new Standards and it is a super nice SG - 490/498 pickups. Mine is a super nice guitar and sounds great, plays great, etc. Best Gibson I've bought yet.

Yours is so cool looking with that light natural burst or whatever it is and I especially like fifty seven classic pickups. I have them on my Epiphone Tribute LP plain top and they are really nice pickups.

How are you enjoying this guitar after some time has now passed? I bet you really like it. What amp are you playing it thru?

Good luck with it and I suppose you have something new coming for Christmas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    I just saw this. What a beautiful SG.

I bought one of the older style full pickguard ones in heritage cherry when they were getting ready to release these new Standards and it is a super nice SG - 490/498 pickups. Mine is a super nice guitar and sounds great, plays great, etc. Best Gibson I've bought yet.

Yours is so cool looking with that light natural burst or whatever it is and I especially like fifty seven classic pickups. I have them on my Epiphone Tribute LP plain top and they are really nice pickups.

How are you enjoying this guitar after some time has now passed? I bet you really like it. What amp are you playing it thru?

Good luck with it and I suppose you have something new coming for Christmas?
    Thanks, Duffy. The '57 pickups are copies of Seth Lover's design and spec's (but in the day they varied quite a bit). They create the exact humbucker tones and range I've been hunting. I'm in love with everything about this guitar. With a wide Brookwood Leather strap, it has no neck dive. I've been playing it mostly through the Egnater Tweaker 15 for the nice touch responsive feel. Best Christmas present ever!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast