Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Merry (early) Christmas to me! NGD pending!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merry (early) Christmas to me! NGD pending!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Merry (early) Christmas to me! NGD pending!

So, the temptation was too much.

This purchase was actually foreshadowed here, haha! In February of this year, Otaypanky posted a thread called "This looks like a heck of a deal ~" :

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.ph...heck-of-a-deal

At the end of the thread I noted:

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad View Post
    f I went for an LPJ I'd get the white, and then lose those pup covers. They look too much like EMG knockoffs for my liking.

Even more affordable is the SG version. Again, I'd lose the pup covers, and add a small guard.
    Well, over at Muso's Friend, they took those SGJ guitars that everyone had been selling for $499 ($999 list) and then did a Gibson sale and knocked them down to $399, and others followed suit, even Amazon. So they were down to $399.

To date, I've managed to buy 2 new Gibsons (about a decade apart) for $499 each. But this was a HUNDRED DOLLARS LESS.

And then, today was/is Black Friday, and if you call MF and tell them "Black Friday," YOU GET ANOTHER 15% OFF.

OK, so I know it's a cheapie, but I just bought a USA GIBSON, for $339.32 USD, SHIPPED!

Should get here next week. Will post pics on arrival.

Meantime, here's a shot from another website:

I don't like the black covers, but I'll remove them or put white Bobbin Toppers on the black covers to make them look like open coils. And with a small guard it should look pretty bitchin'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The SG virus is spreading according to plan.

HNSGD!

Post Thanks / Like

Deals are a terrible thing.... So sorry to hear that you bumped into one ...

Have some holiday fun with that beauty!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks fellers!

Now I need to sell a couple!

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

UPDATE:

BTW kids, just got an e-advert from MF, THE "BLACK FRIDAY" CODE STILL WORKS THROUGH TODAY (SUNDAY 12/1). So you can STILL get any of the blowout Gibsons (unless some have sold out) PLUS an additional 15% off!

I'm a helper.

Post Thanks / Like

I think that the term is "ENABLER"...

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it is tj....krash enabled me to buy the captain kirk sg ............for chase...................although these days I can pretty much do what makes me happy I get a free pass

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Muddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Always good to hear from ya'. Be sure to let Chase play his SG when you occasionally let go of it, OK?

BTW, I bought myself an SG for Christmas, too.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

good deal!!! HNGD !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Cosmetic mods complete!

So, I spent a tenner on some white Bobbin Toppers, and stuck them right on the top of the covers. Then I ordered a small guard pickguard ($20 or so). Because the guitar has 24 frets, though, it wouldn't fit. So I cut it down with a mitre saw. Narrowed the tab between the pickups, and took off some fron the edge that butted up against the treble side of the pickups too, because the outside pickguard edge was slightly over the bevel on the edge of the guitar body. I'm no Tim the Toolman Taylor, but I think it came out pretty decent!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Looking good!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Excellent!

Post Thanks / Like

SWEET!!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Krash, you seem to always find great deals on some really cool guitars. I have to agree that I don't care for those Gibson black covered humbuckers. I suppose a good guitar tech could desolder the black covers and just remove them or put on some chrome or nickel covers.

I like the 490/498 pickup set that I think that guitar has, just not the black EMG'ish covers.

The way you did the pickguard looks great. I bet that is a rocking guitar, especially if it has those 490/498 pickups. It looks beautiful in any case.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Merry (early) Christmas to me! NGD pending!

A 24-fret US gibby SG, white, for 399?

If I was capable of hating people I'd hate you now. Don't tell me it has a slim taper neck as well? I might come over to steal it...
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's hear how that SG knocks out when you rock it out in one of your high energy shows.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks fellers!

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Let's hear how that SG knocks out when you rock it out in one of your high energy shows.
    So far, so good! I'm really happy with it, for the price it was a pretty cray cray deal. Plays fine and looks good on camera and under lights.

I've played Shirley Girly several times now for a break-in period, both in church for regular services, and for our more high energy Saturday Night Praise event (below; the red tie is for Christmas, it has Tom and Jerry chasing around a Christmas tree):

And with Crash Pad, for our annual toy drive benefit as well. Here's sound check with the house lights up:

With stage lighting:

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, it looks awesome!

Merry Christmas!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

congrats!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast