Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
SOLD - F/S: Home-built Trinity Amps 18W Amp Head

Thread: SOLD - F/S: Home-built Trinity Amps 18W Amp Head

Post Thanks / Like

Default SOLD - F/S: Home-built Trinity Amps 18W Amp Head

UPDATE 2/18/14: SOLD!!

Built from a Trinity Amps kit, as described in gory detail here: http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php/19772

Two channels--Normal and TMB with gain & master volume. Hand-wired & assembled by yours truly. Take a look at the photos in that thread--I think the workmanship speaks for itself. I also installed a voltage reduction module (VRM) so that the DC voltage level can be dialed down to lower the volume output while still maintaining the tone, so this baby can be played with the gain & volume CRANKED and still maintain a very reasonable volume. The amp is 100% functional, has low hours on it, and sounds great. Has never left my smoke-free "man cave" and is truly in mint condition. Selling it because (1) I have a bunch of tube amps and this one is not getting the use that it deserves, and (2) I just bought a spendy piece of gear (a secret for now; keep your mouth shut, Tio!) that needs to be paid for. Just looking to get the kit cost back out of this--I'll rack up the considerable labor involved to experience. Yours for the ridiculously low price of $695 including shipping to the ConUS. Hawaii, Alaska or Canada will run a bit more. PayPal only. PM if interested.

Teaser photo:

Last edited by duhvoodooman; February 18th, 2014 at 09:54 AM.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoa, selling your baby! It looks awesome.

What does it sound like? Got any clips?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Whoa, selling your baby!
    Got several babies these days, and just putting this one up for adoption!

It looks awesome.
    It is, believe me.

What does it sound like? Got any clips?
    Clips galore here: http://www.trinityamps.com/Trin18Sound.htm

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

** BUMP **

Still available, but I've posted it on Reverb.com, so no telling for how much longer....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Very tempting! Does it have that Plexi sound to your ears?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet amph head. I realize it's probably the pics but it looks enormous. What's it weight? The clips sound great. Shame I'm not in the market for it at this time.

Post Thanks / Like

It certainly does a beautiful Marshally crunch with the gain & volume up on the TMB channel. I don't know that I'd make the claim that it sounds like a Plexi--it's a tube-rectified 18W amp with EL84s, not a 50 or 100W amp driving EL34s and solid state rectification. I'd say your best bet is to listen to some of the clips posted on that link I gave above and judge for yourself.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Is it you playing Voodooman on the tracks ? It sounds mighty fine to me a nice gnarl and bright sound reminds me sometimes a bit Albert Collins (Back to the Billy)
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, those clips are not of our DVM. Great clips though and makes the Trinity series of amphs pretty appealing. Lawrence Bethune did the clips you mentioned.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jipes View Post
    Is it you playing Voodooman on the tracks ?
    I wish!! No, those are recordings posted on the Trinity website by an excellent Toronto-based player, Lawrence Bethune. Way mo' better than I'll ever come close to being!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Just a little "bump" heading into the weekend....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

C'mon guys!! Where are you going to find an expertly constructed, hand-wired turret board build of a classic amp circuit for $750??? Trinity Amps sells the fully assembled, ready-to-plug-in version of this head for $1200!! And that's without the very desirable VRM feature! See for yourself: http://www.trinityamps.com/Trin18Over.htm#18price

From their webpage:

"The Trinity 18 uses a pair or EL-84 output tubes, 3 12AX7 preamps, and an EZ-81 rectifier. It is a Cathode Bias, Class AB all-tube design using a tube rectifier. Original spec power and output transformers are used exclusively.

The amplifier does away with controlled or corrective negative feedback, allowing the amplifier to run "open loop" or wide band. This is why the 18 Watt sounds full and rich at low or high volume levels. These 'features of design' are very much a part of the distinctive tone.

TMB - The Trinity 18 TMB is a dual channel amp with Channel 1 - Tone and Volume, 2 inputs and Channel 2 - Treble, Midrange, Bass, Volume and Gain, 2 inputs. The tone controls are of standard Marshall “Tone Stack” design. The TMB channel incorporates a gain control and is a higher gain design similar to the Marshall 2203 of the late 70s. The master volume allows the player to selectively dial in overdrive distortion for that ‘crunchy’ Marshall sound."

Grab this puppy and save yourself $450 over what most people pay for it!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, DVM. There's just not really any way I would use it given my current life. Bass seems to be a lot more fun anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Default Price REDUCED!!!

Price REDUCED!

$695 including shipping to the ConUS. Hawaii, Alaska or Canada will run a bit more. PayPal only. PM if interested.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Whoa!

Post Thanks / Like

Pre-holiday weekend bump. The amp is up on eBay with the auction ending Sunday evening (2/16) at 9PM EST.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

SOLD!!

Thanks for looking....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

That's good news DVM. I'm sure it's a bittersweet success.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan