Thread: Some songs from my new blues album!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Some songs from my new blues album!

Let me know what you think! I JUST got it finished this week. I have kind of a press release that talks about the making of the album here: http://markweinguitarlessons.com/p/B...etHeartsPR.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

Added it to my Google Play account to check out!
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    Added it to my Google Play account to check out!
    Cool! Is it actually showing up on Google Play yet? That is one of the sites they are distributing it to but I haven't checked yet.

EDIT: just looked and its there! https://play.google.com/store/music/...mb3svtha&hl=en

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Mark, great tracks I love the songs and the band is tight and right on ! As for your playing, love the tone and the feeling that you demonstrate. My favorite is certainly the first song I'm gonna leave reminds me of some New Orleans blues. I love the phaser sound on the third funky number (the Prize) it suits greatly the mood of the song !

We are also currently in the studio for recording our second album
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Got in the first full listen (downloaded from CD Baby) and really enjoyed it.
    Favorite tracks so far:
    I'm Gonna Leave
    Subterrania (The Prize)
    Pop!
    Black Market Hearts
    The Last Time
    Life is Good
    Everything's Cool
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jipes View Post
    Hello Mark, great tracks I love the songs and the band is tight and right on ! As for your playing, love the tone and the feeling that you demonstrate. My favorite is certainly the first song I'm gonna leave reminds me of some New Orleans blues. I love the phaser sound on the third funky number (the Prize) it suits greatly the mood of the song !

We are also currently in the studio for recording our second album
    Thanks! There is another song on the album with a second-line type drum beat and a horn section that REALLY gets the New Orleans vibe. And good luck with your new album!

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Got in the first full listen (downloaded from CD Baby) and really enjoyed it.
    Favorite tracks so far:
    I'm Gonna Leave
    Subterrania (The Prize)
    Pop!
    Black Market Hearts
    The Last Time
    Life is Good
    Everything's Cool
    Thanks Tig!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mark ! As for teh New Orleans second line I'm a very big fan so I'll check it out
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Mark! Very nice, especially "Subterrania (The Prize)".

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great Mark!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting stuff Mark.......nicely played. Your guitar on the intro to Subterranea sounds just like Lowell George after his compressors got a hold of the sound.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice. Lovely rhythm grooves and guitar work in general.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone! I put the whole thing up on Soundcloud this week for folks to listen to if you're interested in hearing the rest of it: https://soundcloud.com/mark-wein/set...-market-hearts

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Sounds great Mark!
    Thanka Robert! It was good seeing you at NAMM, too!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Next time we should jam and get some video from it!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.