Thread: Bonamassa style Blues Backing Track (12/8)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bonamassa style Blues Backing Track (12/8)

Hi guys,

Thought I'd share this blues guitar jam track, which is pretty good for letting it rip Joe Bonamassa style!

It's a 12-bar blues in G.. and the backing track starts at 1:30

Enjoy......

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, good track for some nasty slide or lap steel work. BTW, pretty nice playing there Quist....great economy of motion on your picking hand too, albeit a somewhat unusual-looking method with your hand so vertical. Not a criticism mind you, just it caught my eye right away...... Thanks for the listen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post
    Yeah, good track for some nasty slide or lap steel work. BTW, pretty nice playing there Quist....great economy of motion on your picking hand too, albeit a somewhat unusual-looking method with your hand so vertical. Not a criticism mind you, just it caught my eye right away...... Thanks for the listen.
    Thanks man!! Do you mean my picking hand? Thanks for sharing that... interesting!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep....your picking hand. Obviously, it works very well for you. Again, something that immediately caught my eye and not a put-down.

In the same vein, there's a fingerpicking (thumb and first 2 fingers) British guy, Doghousedave, who has a mostly vertical picking hand/wrist too.......he plays his butt off with great economy of motion when picking. Check him out on YouTube.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post
    Yep....your picking hand. Obviously, it works very well for you. Again, something that immediately caught my eye and not a put-down.

In the same vein, there's a fingerpicking (thumb and first 2 fingers) British guy, Doghousedave, who has a mostly vertical picking hand/wrist too.......he plays his butt off with great economy of motion when picking. Check him out on YouTube.
    Thanks, will do!!