Thread: Newest Recording

Post Thanks / Like

Default Newest Recording

I am a bit more comfortable with my recording setup, but I will be an amateur for a while.

This is my newest recording, just the guitar for Under the Bridge.

Let me have it:

https://soundcloud.com/stiff-parrot/...the-bridge-rev

I obviously screw up twice here, but I want to hear what you guys have to say before I go back and work on it. I really appreciate any input.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds surprisingly good, and it seems like you know the parts. Not sure about the end/chorus part though. Were there some renegade strings sounding out there or were those mistakes?

Anyway, from here it's just a matter of polishing until you know it inside out and it will naturally get smoother. You have the tough part down though (playing in time and knowing the parts), so I'd be encouraged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Sounds surprisingly good, and it seems like you know the parts. Not sure about the end/chorus part though. Were there some renegade strings sounding out there or was those mistakes?

Anyway, from here it's just a matter of polishing until you know it inside out and it will naturally get smoother. You have the tough part down though (playing in time and knowing the parts), so I'd be encouraged.
    Thanks dude.

Yeah everyone is mentioning that the end sounds weird. I will have to investigate that I'm doing that correctly. I'm intentionally letting open strings sing out, but honestly, I focused a lot less on the outro than I did the intro and the verse. I am playing what I intended to play, however.

I had a dream last night that my wife bought me a really cool Gretsch White Falcon, so I might have to learn Californication next.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I figured out what was going on. The tab book I bought shows it totally different than a few videos I saw of him playing. I also forgot he's got a type of chorus effect going on with the outtro, so this weekend I will try to rerecord.

Post Thanks / Like

My comments are about the same as Eric's but the tone is pretty good and overall a great job dude!....I never do things spot on

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks man.

I have fixed the outtro, but haven't recorded it yet. Next recording should be a bit smoother.

That is actually my Les Paul through my ME-70, into my cheapest amp, Peavy Vyprr 15 using a very cheap logitech mic. Sounds way better at apartment volumes for recording than my big 50Watt tube through my Shure microphones. Not sure how I arrived here, but it works with less work so that's what I'm doing until I get out of this place.

We just looked at our next place, big detached garage perfect for turning it up.