Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to revive this place

Post Thanks / Like

B (-) (-) b s !!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jimi, so good to hear from you - glad that you are alive and well ! I always really appreciated your offerings to the forum and have missed your presence. I learned a lot from the things you posted, too. How is your musical life going? And how is the rest of your life going?!

BTW, I, too, am still without a Facebook profile... just doesn't do it for me, though I know it is a real point of connection for many.

Post Thanks / Like

SIXSTRING, that was pretty funny...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1 View Post
    Hey Jimi, so good to hear from you - glad that you are alive and well ! I always really appreciated your offerings to the forum and have missed your presence. I learned a lot from the things you posted, too. How is your musical life going? And how is the rest of your life going?!

BTW, I, too, am still without a Facebook profile... just doesn't do it for me, though I know it is a real point of connection for many.
    Thank you so much for your kind words . it's great to hear that my posts had a meaning. My musical life made a drastical turn in the beginning of 2012 that ended with writing the official hymn for the Youth Olympic Games 2012. Working with the IOC was a fantastic experience. From there on I sigend with a well known record company to write for some of their new artists and for several TV formats. I have quit my day time job and wrote a child book which is currently under negotiation for being published throughout Germany. Don't have any intention to go back to normal work in 2014, but will spend lots of time with my family and AWAY from the internet. In January of this year we have recorded our first album and we are playing extensively. We receive great reviews and I hope to sign a deal with a small and dedicated Bluesrock label, if things go on like they do. That is actually the current status - I am happy.

I hope that all of the "old" members I used to chat and discuss with are doing well.
    Really loved my time being here!

Take care
    Jimi75

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow, I'm so happy for you, Jimi! Life is really going well for you and you get to stay creative. Let us know how to get or listen to the new album, OK?
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Wow, I'm so happy for you, Jimi! Life is really going well for you and you get to stay creative. Let us know how to get or listen to the new album, OK?
    +1 on that Jimi - So glad to hear all the good news! I forgot that you mentioned long ago that you were working on a children's book, too - let us know about that when it's available, too. All the best!

Post Thanks / Like

Feel free to listen to clips of our album. It's available on iTunes.
    I hope you like what you hear :-)

https://itunes.apple.com/de/album/cu...le/id851250654

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Found the album in Amazon, too. It is on my wishlist for later in the week.
    http://www.amazon.com/Cut-Smile-Expl...dp/B00JH8ENTU/

Post Thanks / Like

Gald to hear the good news Jimi I wish you a great success and tons of nice gigs
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

I could only listen to brief clips, but the band sounds really tight - of course, my attention was focused on the guitar which is terrific - great tone and playing, Jimi - best of luck!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear from you Jimi!

Yeah it seems the days of a great and active Fret.Net are behind us... thanks for all you did when you were here. You were a big part of making this place awesome!

Forgive my nostalgia...

PS.
    Your band sounds awesome! Great playing, man.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Great to hear from you Jimi!

Yeah it seems the days of a great and active Fret.Net are behind us... thanks for all you did when you were here. You were a big part of making this place awesome!

Forgive my nostalgia...

PS.
    Your band sounds awesome! Great playing, man.
    Thanks so very much, Robert for your kind words! Don't worry about being nostalgic....we had darn good times here, I know my friend!

Post Thanks / Like

That stuff sounds great. Congrats on your success and many good wishes
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75 View Post
    Thanks so very much, Robert for your kind words! Don't worry about being nostalgic....we had darn good times here, I know my friend!
    So I downloaded your album today and got in one listen so far. Wow, this is some very good music! The production is excellent and your songwriting is strong. What blows me away is how good you play rhythm and lead, especially your wah usage. I also love your guitar tone. I'm not just saying this to make you feel good. I'm quite impressed with this album.

What gear did you use?

Post Thanks / Like

So I downloaded your album today and got in one listen so far. Wow, this is some very good music! The production is excellent and your songwriting is strong. What blows me away is how good you play rhythm and lead, especially your wah usage. I also love your guitar tone. I'm not just saying this to make you feel good. I'm quite impressed with this album.

What gear did you use?
    Hey Tig, first of all thank you so much for buying the album! I am happy to hear you like it and I am happy to read you compliments on the production and songwriting. We have put so much love and passion into it.
    My equipment used on the album was very simple. 2 Strats, JTM45 Reissue, Fulltone Clyde & OCD, Ibanez TS-9 and a Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz. On some songs, such as "Falling", "You Say" and "Walk Away" I use my Gibson Custom 1957 Goldtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75 View Post
    Hey Tig, first of all thank you so much for buying the album! I am happy to hear you like it and I am happy to read you compliments on the production and songwriting. We have put so much love and passion into it.
    My equipment used on the album was very simple. 2 Strats, JTM45 Reissue, Fulltone Clyde & OCD, Ibanez TS-9 and a Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz. On some songs, such as "Falling", "You Say" and "Walk Away" I use my Gibson Custom 1957 Goldtop.
    After a few more listens the passion and creativity become clear in this album. Good earphones help bring out the details more than my PC's 5.1 system. The songs vary in style and feel but the album flows from one song to the next.. I even get the occasional Robben Ford jazzy-blues vibe, which is a big compliment!

I recommend this album to my fellow Fretters. There are plenty of rock riffs and solos with a heavy dose of blues and a pinch of jazz. You will be amazed at Jimi's guitar playing.

Post Thanks / Like

Found the album in Amazon, too. It is on my wishlist for later in the week.
    http://www.amazon.com/Cut-Smile-Expl...dp/B00JH8ENTU/
    I noticed that it is on Google Play too: https://play.google.com/store/music/...3jdqzzoa7oxudi

Like Amazon, it oddly lists the album as explicit. Granted, I've only had the chance to listen to one track, but I haven't come across a ton of f-bombs just yet
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    I noticed that it is on Google Play too: https://play.google.com/store/music/...3jdqzzoa7oxudi

Like Amazon, it oddly lists the album as explicit. Granted, I've only had the chance to listen to one track, but I haven't come across a ton of f-bombs just yet
    There are definitely no explicit lyrics on the album. It was marked by mistake when the label uploaded to the platforms. We will correct this in the near future.

Post Thanks / Like

Free Les Pauls for everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! That'll work, even an Epi will do the trick.
    Anyway, I am fairly new here and I check back roughly weekly, so I was not around in the heyday I guess.
    I had my own forum a few years back and it was a real hard road so I know it can be tough, anyway.....I have to be honest...I don't really have suggestions at this moment but I do wish you well. There has to be a way, maybe there needs to be more fighting....that always raises interest

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast