Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Got any snow?

Thread: Got any snow?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Got any snow?

Vood, are you in the midst of this current fluff collection a la Grande? I see crazy footage on TV from Buffalo.

We have a little bit of white powder, but not much. More will come soon though.

Hope you are safe, where ever you may be.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, nothing but flurries here in the Albany NY area, but we're almost 300 miles from Buffalo. The problem out there is lake effect snow, due to cold Canadian air (see, it's YOUR fault, you Canucks!) coming across Lake Erie, where it picks up a ton of moisture from the relatively warm water and then dumps it when it gets over the colder land. It can be extremely localized, too. On the news last night, they mentioned that at one location in the Buffalo area, they had 48" on the ground and it was still snowing at a rate of 4 - 5" per hour. Four miles away at the airport, they had 4" of snow and none was falling.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

We've had three snowfalls of about an inch or two apiece. There's enough snow on the ground to barely cover the grass. The normal high temp is 41F. It's been 20 or more degrees below that for a week or so.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Man, poor old Buffalo. Why do people live there anyway? Is there something special about that place? All I ever hear is negative about Buffalo. I certainly wouldn't want to live there just because of the extreme weather they get.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    Man, poor old Buffalo. Why do people live there anyway? Is there something special about that place? All I ever hear is negative about Buffalo. I certainly wouldn't want to live there just because of the extreme weather they get.
    I'd consider living in Buffalo. I kind of like that dystopian thing in cities, which is part of why I like Cleveland. I like winter and snow a lot though, so I'm probably in the minority.

As to the OP, yeah we got a bunch of snow in Cleveland. I've been in Dayton for work for a while now, and there's not as much snow down here, but it has been plenty cold here this week (~10 degF).
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

That's amazing (in a bad way) how the storm took a very narrow path and covered some areas with 4' of snow and then areas of the periphery got 4". I hate cold and snow.....with a passion. Last year in Philly........every damn snow storm that came near Philly wound up hitting Philly the hardest and then the outlying suburbs and Poconos got much less. Then, we had the longest sustained cold snap here that anyone could remember. It was cold for seemingly FOREVER, with no breaks. haha Too damn old for this crap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'd put up with snow if there was a nice mountain nearby to play on. Otherwise, you can keep the white stuff.

I'll post a few pic's from my trip to Belize last month to warm up my fellow Fretters.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone wanna help them shovel snow in Buffalo? Free tickets to the football game!

By The Numbers

5,000 (tonnes): Over 5,000 tonnes of snow has been removed from south Buffalo so far.

365 (days): Western New York has received a years' worth of snow in just four days, meteorologists report.

100: About 100 motorists were trapped on the I-90 roadway, some for many hours, after snow made driving impossible. Officials were forced to close a 212 km stretch of road.

20 (hours): Bryce Foreback of Pennsylvania told CBS Cleveland that he had spent more than 20 hours in his vehicle, stuck in a line of cars south of Buffalo Monday night. "It seemed like a nightmare. I just didn't feel like it was going to end," he told the news agency.

18: The number of snowmobiles being used by the city to respond to emergency calls.

5: As of Wednesday afternoon, the snow in New York state is being linked to five deaths. Two additional snow-related deaths have been reported in New Hampshire and Michigan.

2: The number of days schools and train services have been suspended in the Buffalo area.

1.5 (metres): The amount of snow that has hit the Buffalo area so far.

1 (metre): A second storm is targeting the area. It's expected to dump another metre of snow on the region, starting Wednesday.

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

They have volunteers shovel out Lambeau Field in Green Bay when it's necessary. No free tickets, but they are paid.

Makes me think of the Keweenaw Peninsula that juts out into Lake Superior. Their record snowfall is over 300 inches for a season. Buffalo is really getting nailed now because the Great Lakes haven't had an opportunity to cool down / freeze yet.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Temperatures are going to be close to 50 F in just a few days. Can you say "massive flooding?"

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.