Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

The Pointiest Guitar I Own

Thread: The Pointiest Guitar I Own

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Pointiest Guitar I Own

I've always wanted a reverse-headstock guitar, and some months ago I scored one on the cheap: An ESP LTD M-10. It was a blem, so the price was definitely right. And I really like LTDs, they're a heck of a lot of guitar for the money, and well crafted with attention to detail. Enough talk, here's the proof -

The guitar has been cosmetically modified with inlay stickers, and I also swapped out the stock pickups (which were actually pretty nice sounding) for some Entwistles. They were originally HDNs, which I think stands for High Definition Neodymium. I left the bridge pickup alone, but I stole the neodymium mag from the neck pickup for a future project and put an AlNiCo IV mag in there. They both sound great, and I think the choice of using the alnico in the neck was a good one

For Marnold, a headstock close-up:

Hmmm, fretboard looks a little dry. And skully.

Great neck on this guitar, as is on my other LTD. I love cheap guitars!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bring on teh rawk!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter View Post
    For Marnold, a headstock close-up:

Hehe. That's about as pointy as my Jackson gets too. Sharp looking guitar, though. I sure like my LTD bass, even though it is somewhat more traditional looking.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Cool guitar. I like Neodymium because it makes speakers lighter and allows me to be lazy. What's with you and red guitars??
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Cool guitar. I like Neodymium because it makes speakers lighter and allows me to be lazy. What's with you and red guitars??
    Hey Eric!
    I do seem to have a lot of red guitars; I think I'm up to nine now. I am honestly more likely to buy a guitar if it's red. If it's white, forget it. I'm not that much of a black guitar fan, either. I do still want a purple guitar, though. I almost bought one a while back, but I didn't pull the trigger.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Same with me. Even though blue is my favorite color, my preferred guitar color is red. Of course now my Jackson is red, but my bass is natural and my Squier 51 is blonde. I like the blonde, but if red had been an option, that's what I would have gotten.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

You know, I actually like red guitars a lot too. Weird, since I like the idea of blue or green guitars more. I'm not sure what's up with that. I particularly like darker reds for guitars and basses -- I think those look particularly cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter View Post
    Hey Eric!
    I do seem to have a lot of red guitars; I think I'm up to nine now. I am honestly more likely to buy a guitar if it's red. If it's white, forget it. I'm not that much of a black guitar fan, either. I do still want a purple guitar, though. I almost bought one a while back, but I didn't pull the trigger.
    Ahhhhh speaking of Purple Guitars... I just purchased a Esp Ltd MH- 1000. Its a quilt top purple fade kinda color... Real pretty binding all around it ( even the headstock)... Seymour Duncan p/ups...im hoping i like it? Got it at a good price...anyone have any input on this model?

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Somebody mention purple guitars???

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

10. Likes RedFenderBender liked this post