Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
NPD Klon KTR

Thread: NPD Klon KTR

Post Thanks / Like

Default NPD Klon KTR

If I didn't have enough pedals, someone waved the KTR under my sniffer, and I had to have it. Still shakin it down, but it is real high quality, and super smooth.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! I have a "klone" that I really like.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Still have a "klone" on the bench to be built. Sorta can't wait to see what all the fuss is about. I can watch videos and listen to demos all day but everything sounds different through my rig. Congrats on the score Neal!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Breez, it's a hell of a FX, and whatever you paid for it, it will be worth it. In this case, better to have, than to have not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good stuff!
    I'm really enjoying the EHX Soul Food. You can use it as a clean boost or add sweet klon gain, all with clarity I've never had with any OD pedal before. At $67 it was cheaper than even a DIY kit!
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

I love any OD pedal that can double as a clean boost. Seems like a couple of the ones I have on the bench have a switchable boost. I would really like to be able to switch the dirt in and out without changing volume. Im sure there has to be one out there that does that.

Post Thanks / Like

Default NPD Klon KTR

Zonkin Yellow Screamer!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Robert! That would be perfect if I could get one. But it does let me know that its possible. I have several circuits on the bench I will be playing with when I get back from vacation. 4 Emexars and a T.O.D.D. from guitarpcb and a kingslayer from Madbeans. And I have a ton of new switches. I just hope my fiancee doesn't mind me doodling while we are on vacation. : )

Post Thanks / Like

A man has got to doodle some time!

Post Thanks / Like

If she would let me I would carry a guitar with me then I could noodle when I wasn't doodling. But that's probably better left to another discussion.

Post Thanks / Like

The Klon KTR was was less than $300. a couple of weeks ago. Now if you want one, in some cases, they want blood.
    Check this out: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-KL...item2ed30412b1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    The Klon KTR was was less than $300. a couple of weeks ago. Now if you want one, in some cases, they want blood.
    Check this out: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-KL...item2ed30412b1
    Wow that's crazy!

Post Thanks / Like

I really like this pedal, but I won't pay that for it, if I had to do it again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cebreez View Post
    Wow that's crazy!
    It's the same for Pete Cornish pedals (David Gilmour), they can fetch double the price or you can wait six months for a new one

Post Thanks / Like

I will stick with building my own. Some of the pedals I've built so far sound really good.

Post Thanks / Like

For those of you who would like genuine Klon tone at a very reasonable price and know how to solder, BYOC will shortly be introducing a Klon clone kit. It's based directly upon a "silver era" Klon circuit and the kit will go for ~$80. Also, for the first time on three new kits that BYOC is rolling out, you can substitute a pre-painted (powdercoat) and silkscreened enclosure with the kit for a $10 adder. You can check out the details and see examples on the BYOC Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buildyourownclone

Here's a video comparing a silver Klon with the new BYOC kit pedal. If you can hear ANY difference between the two, you have a better ear than I do:

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Voodoo. I will be getting one of those, being the whore that I am

Post Thanks / Like

Dvm, do you recall if that's what I bought from you? I love that pedal.

Post Thanks / Like

As I recall, you bought a Klon clone based upon the Madbean Pedals "Sunking" PCB that I got for cheap from the builder because it wasn't working. Turned out to be nothing more than a bad footswitch. So, yeah, you've got basically the same thing there, RR.

BTW, the new BYOC kit is already available for purchase: http://buildyourownclone.com/effects...ilverpony.html
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!