Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

HNGD - Squier CV 50's Tele BSB

Thread: HNGD - Squier CV 50's Tele BSB

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool HNGD - Squier CV 50's Tele BSB

Construction quality is better than most Squiers I've played. The bridge pickup sounds great with plenty of clean twang or raunchy when saturated. The neck has a sweet woody sound above the 12 fret. No fret ends poking out.

I've been GASing for a nice Tele for some time now, ready to spend up to $900 when this one came along. I was leaning toward the Classic 50's or a Baja Tele, but the CV won me over. The quality is even better than my CV 50's Strat, which is pretty good.

and the neck has a subtle amount of flaming
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice. I had a CVC at one point that I liked a lot, but naturally I sold it (along with everything else).

Have fun with it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

SWEET Tig!!! Still playing my Peavey Generations but I would probably throw it under the bus for a Tele Deluxe or a Nashville Tele. But yours is PURTY!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool! I'm glad they started having that classic color combination in the Squier line.

My only gripe with those is how dark and thick the finish is on the neck. Then again, some complained about how pale and "naked" the Squier 51 neck was. To each their own.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice! I'd like one of those with jumbo frets!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks, guys. I'm enjoying this guitar far more than expected. The intonation was really close and I only had to adjust the middle barrel.

I wanted to take some better photos but it is raining outside so I experimented with my limited lighting.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the vintage style tuners. They look like the ones I put on my Squier 51.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Still trying to get some decent photos I like. Here is the new single ply pick guard from Warmoth.

The flamed neck...

Post Thanks / Like

That is a very nice looking neck.

Post Thanks / Like

Heavy buggers, tho, aren't they? I thought that pine body would equal 'light weight'. I love mine - did the 4-way switch mod to give a serial humbucker in the front position. I kind of like that thick pickguard that comes with it; is the replacement thinner?
    Last edited by tjcurtin1; August 17th, 2014 at 04:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! Those CV Tele's are GREAT guitars and UNBELIEVABLE values! Which I why I have two of 'em:

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Missed this before. Congrats!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1 View Post
    Heavy buggers, tho, aren't they? I thought that pine body would equal 'light weight'. I love mine - did the 4-way switch mode to give a serial humbucker in the front position. I kind of like that thick pickguard that comes with it; is the replacement thinner?
    Yes, it is almost LP heavy, but I don't mind. Funny, I was carrying it across the house yesterday and in was body heavy.
    The pick guard is half the thickness. I just didn't get along with the super thick one. I replaced the thick one on my CV 50's Strat, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Beautiful looking guitar -- congrats andenjoy!
    Nothing is anything until it is written. After that, it's everything.