Thread: My JVM410H Back From The Dead

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My JVM410H Back From The Dead

Alright, I got the amp back finally, and it sounds great! I have an early JVM, and one heater fuse blew. Long story - I got the heater fuses fixed as per Marshall's factory fix, but the amp had no preamp section working. After several back and forth issues with the tech, he replaced a tube socket and solder a bunch of joints, and it was back to normal. There were a lot of problems with the board. Seems it got hot when the fuse blew, and the tech said he soldered a lot of connectors on the board in order to get it working properly.

At that point, I asked for these mods to be made too, just because why not.

I asked him to do the Choke Pod, The Plexi Cap Mod and the C83 mod. Cost me a couple of hundred but it was worth it. It's sound way different and better now. Hard to describe it, but I think of an old vintage amp now - especially the bass response. There is less treble/top end fizz, and the bass "feels" different than before. I dig it!

I have yet to try it with pedals, but all the 4 channels sound great.

I was surprised at how good OD1 and OD2 sounds for my blues style of playing. Before, it was way too scooped and aggressive and edgy - now all channels are usable for my style of playing.

I just hope it doesn't blow up again! haha!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Good info Robert. I run a JVM also, and if something happens to it, I would be lost, down here in homeboy land. When I lived in NY, techs were all over the place. I have a Vintage Modern, that I really like because of the clean, and I have no one that I can trust, to get it serviced.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I did those exact same mods I think...totally worth it indeed. Choke pod not sure if it's the same, I put in a real choke, made by Hammond.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.