Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Where is all the used gear bing sold these days? Not on ebay?

Thread: Where is all the used gear bing sold these days? Not on ebay?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where is all the used gear bing sold these days? Not on ebay?

The last few times recently that I've looked for used gear on ebay, I've been surprised by how little there is compared to the past. Is everyone selling stuff elsewhere these days, and I'm just late to the party? Or is it just the time of year, or ...?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Other than Craig's List, perhaps Reverb.
    https://reverb.com/

Warning: Browsing through Reverb can cause premature, catastrophic financial ruin and possible divorce proceedings!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Also lots is being sold via forums. But not this one.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

www.steelguitarforum.com sells lots of stuff including amps, pedals and regular gits too.

Post Thanks / Like

I use them all, and have sold a few things on CL, Reverb, and forums myself...BUT EBay still has the most by far. It's not seller friendly these days however.

Post Thanks / Like

Reverb.com is a big factor, I believe. 3% sales commission rather than the 10% eBay steals from you. I recently bought a used Godin LGX that the seller had posted on both eBay and Reverb.com--but it was $50 cheaper on the latter because of the 7% lower commission rate. No-brainer there....

And as Robert indicated, forums are a big factor, too. I've sold stuff here, at the BYOC forums, and a couple of other places. Though the audience is smaller, the interest factor is exponentially larger.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info, guys - I should probably not have asked; ignorance is bliss, and I probably don't really want to waken the sleeping GAS Dragon. I just found myself suddenly interested in the idea of a baritone guitar... (where the heck did that come from??)

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Do NOT wake the sleeping GAS Dragon!

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

It's been cl for me, for a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

I sold on ebay for a dozen years, but not anymore! I sell on Reverb and TGP. Used to sell over at the HOC, but ya' know that's now gone.

Post Thanks / Like

Uh oh... if Heritage gits start showing up here on offer, I may have to leave, after the pics I've been seeing!
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp