Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New delay pedal - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New delay pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Dunno right now. We "invested" in a PS4 so I might have to hold off until my birthday.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Well, apparently I'm getting a Digitech Hardwire DL-8. Musician's Friend has them for $60. Several online places are sold out of them, so I don't know if the line is being discontinued or what the deal is. Regardless, a pedal that typically goes for $160 for $60? Yes, please.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ampli...-effects-pedal
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    Well, apparently I'm getting a Digitech Hardwire DL-8. Musician's Friend has them for $60. Several online places are sold out of them, so I don't know if the line is being discontinued or what the deal is. Regardless, a pedal that typically goes for $160 for $60? Yes, please.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ampli...-effects-pedal
    Congrats on the pedal Marnold!
    I think you'll like it a lot. The 20 second loop feature is fun to play with, although I use my Jamman for longer serious loop projects.
    The modulated delay setting is pretty cool. And the Hardwire pedals I have are built like bricks.

Don't run it on 9v battery power, get an adapter if you don't already have one. They eat batteries like crazy. I tried it once and all the pedals were dying by the end of the gig.
    Not good!
    With an adapter they're great, though.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! Yeah, I run my pedals off a 1-Spot so I'm set there. Being able to use it as a semi decent looper is a nice bonus. I'm interested in trying some of the analog models too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

My only concern is that it is back-ordered. When I ordered it the estimated shipping date was the 19th. Now it's January 3. I can be patient for a deal like this. I just hope it doesn't turn out that they won't be getting anymore in. The would make me a sad panda. MF is usually pretty good about this sort of thing, though. Since the holidays are approaching, I can see shipping estimates sliding.

Post Thanks / Like

those red witch pedals are cool, they come up cheap on the "hello music" mailers from time to time as well. I bought a used Strymon El Capistan a while back. Amazing pedal that is like spanish to me...i speak just enough to get in trouble.

The M5 list NEW for less than 130$ seems like that may be the best option based on reviews here!
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Yay! My pedal shipped on Christmas Eve! Hopefully it should be here by the beginning of the week. My old pedal is beginning to drive me crazy. Yes, it's a short drive.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool deal. I used to have one of those reverb pedals but at this point, I've switched to an HD500 whenever I play guitar. I think I'm sufficiently effects-averse to be about to bypass the stompbox route, though I always found it easier to digest things when I had a pedal with a given set of dials vs. an the infinite options of a modeler.

Please update with your impressions of the new pedal. Why is it that you're upgrading again? I might have to go look at the first post and re-read that.

Update: Oh, I guess it's malfunctioning. That makes sense. This seems like it might be an upgrade over that DD-6 anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

I'll do that. I'm looking forward to trying the pseudo analog and modulated settings. The looping functions should be significantly better too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12