Thread: Zexcoils pickups demo

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Zexcoils pickups demo

Here is a demo of my Zexcoil pickups. I really like these. They are a little bit hotter than my other pickups, and I didn't think I would like that. However, I do, because it works for my style of playing.

I talked to Scott who builds these, and he said they can do lower output pickups too. I might just try that one day in a different strat.

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bookmarking for viewing at home later...

EDIT: Ah, very nice tones regardless of if they are noiseless or not!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tig.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

I like em! I too am a big fan of noiseless or low-noise single coils. Not a fan of the pure vintage thing (especially not with any decent level of gain). I thought the middle pickup sounded particularly good. The bridge didn't have the ice pick thing that Strats often suffer from. If there's a negative, I thought that the neck pickup sounded like the tone control was rolled back a bit. Perhaps a regular SV5 at the neck would do the trick.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Marnold!

Post Thanks / Like

Ya, these sound really good. I may have to mortgage the house and get some.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Steve, and there is NO HUM! I love that...

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried to find a dealer in Germany - without success. From your video Robert, these would fit my style perfectly, although I'm always suspicious when hearing the word "noiseless"!

Robert, dou you still play your Suhr?
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I sold my Suhr Classic. This American Standard Strat is my main weapon now, although I sometimes use a Squier with Warmoth neck, and a Road Worn Strat.

You can contact Zexcoil at http://www.zexcoil.com/contact.html - I'm sure they can ship it to you. They are great people to deal with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I sold my Suhr Classic. This American Standard Strat is my main weapon now, although I sometimes use a Squier with Warmoth neck, and a Road Worn Strat.

You can contact Zexcoil at http://www.zexcoil.com/contact.html - I'm sure they can ship it to you. They are great people to deal with.

Cold as it is in Alberta, it appears Hell has also frozen over!! Never thought I'd hear those words. Enjoy the new #1!
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Hell Guitars will have a new big update coming soon! I assume you meant the Hell Guitars website is quiet of late? It's the calm before the storm...

Post Thanks / Like

ahh, no...but you raise a good point. Have been interested to hear what SYO has been up to.

I meant that I thought you'd NEVER sell the Suhr.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Well nothing lasts forever, I've heard. One day I hope to build my own FrankenStrat that doesn't have any brand name attached to it. I'll just call it MINE... haha!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I considered having a good builder build MY Strat, but everything I wanted in that guitar was too close to my Jimmie Vaughan Strat, which has been my number one sine 1997! So I decided to rather invest in my No1 in form of a new pick up set.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

You'd like the zexcoils. They are a little bit hotter than standard strat pickups. But in a good way.

Sent from my Macintosh telephone using Tapatalk.