Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Big update! Registered users have full access...

Thread: Big update! Registered users have full access...

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Big update! Registered users have full access...

to blogs, signature and a bunch of other things.

In short, I have gotten rid of most of the limitations put on the regular user accounts.

I have done this because "the world has moved on"... so to speak. I am hoping this will encourage more activity on this site.

Those of you who are on the yearly subscription system have two options - either you cancel it, or you let continue as is (any contribution is appreciated - it is work to maintain a site like this). The paid subscription feature does give you the largest private messages inbox available - 100 messages for Bronze, 250 for Silver and 500 for Gold.

Thanks for your support! Now let's get this place going!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Robert! I can only afford the bronze ever other year, so it's nice to be able to comment in the For Sale sections and other places.
    Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Ultra; pretty red Squier Acoustic;
    Amps: Vox VT30;
    Pedals: Dunlop Fuzz Face; Dunlop Crybaby Wah
    My kids have: Squier Affinity Stratocaster MII; Fender G-DEC; Squire Acoustic; Jay Turser Strat-copy, Roland Cube amp

"I am a sworn enemy of the saccharine, and a believer in grace over karma." Bono 2001

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Robert! Hey, while you are changing things, is there a way to add a "like" feature within the forum, in addition to or instead of the FB one? It is nice sometimes to be able to acknowledge a member's post by "liking" it when you don't have anything particular to say about that post.

Just a thought. Thanks for all you do! Hopefully I can be of a bit more help around here again in 2015!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

4. Likes Robert**** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I haven't been able to change my avatar in over a year. I've tried every possible method and gave up until now. I tried it again and no luck, be it via uploading a small 120 pixel 2kb file or linking to the URL. Being an IT guy, I've tried all the tricks I know.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7464/...01fcd7e1_o.jpg

6. Likes Robert**** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I added a Like feature. Took me most of the afternoon!
    Very hard to get it to work properly. Sometimes it really sucks when you take the time to do something seemingly simple, but then bugs and gremlins and crappy software stands in your way.

I'll fix your problem shortly Tig, hang in there.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

8. Likes sunvalleylaw, Tig*** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tig! I think it works! You can now Like my post.

10. Likes sunvalleylaw, Tig*** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Robert, I've been trying to figure out a way to add an avatar, but don't see an option for it. Please advise.

Post Thanks / Like

I finally found the function where I could add an avatar pic but I don't see it showing up.

Post Thanks / Like

Go to "Settings", top right, then Edit Avatar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I added a Like feature. Took me most of the afternoon!
    Very hard to get it to work properly. Sometimes it really sucks when you take the time to do something seemingly simple, but then bugs and gremlins and crappy software stands in your way.

I'll fix your problem shortly Tig, hang in there.
    Thanks Robert! I "Like" this feature!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Tig! I think it works! You can now Like my post.
    <--- It works! Now I can zap posts with Gort's laser!

16. Likes sunvalleylaw liked this post