Thread: What happened to Heritage forum?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What happened to Heritage forum?

Just curious. Software crash or something?

Sent from my Macintosh telephone using Tapatalk
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Copied and pasted from a Facebook query. Robert, you'll certainly relate in a way many probably can't.

basically it's this. The forum was the love child of a single dude(these things cost money). As such he had others help him keep tabs on things (mods) and rules in place for content/language/behavior, that those mods interpreted and enforced. Recently, over the last year, several well known/liked members ran afoul of said rules and were banned. In the wake of those decisions, the Oversight of the forum was brought under great scrutiny and great criticism. The guy behind it determined it wasn't worth his time and money to maintain a community where there was more attention to division than inclusion, took his ball, and went home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I see. It can be hard to grow a community.

Sent from my Macintosh telephone using Tapatalk
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.